Crown King, AZ 11/7

jelliott076

Four Peaks Trail Clean Up 11/7 Crown King Run Delayed EDITTED

As the Crown King trail has been closed I'm thinking the better way to spend the day will be on the Four Peaks Trail clean up

The invite and diretions are in the thread below

Semper-Gumby!!

Last edited:

TheFunSmith

Word on VJC, as of last week, is that a portion of it is now closed. They also say there is a lengthy bypass you can take to get around it. I'd love to go, but I will instead be participating in a group cleanup on 4 Peaks. There will be raffle prizes and lunch, all provided for free.

NAUJK

Apparently it is due to the fact that a part of the trail runs through private land or something like that and the owner is getting tired of people driving through their land. So they made this long bypass thing but that annoyed the FS and BLM so theres a decent sized argument going down between the 3 trying to figure out a way to resolve the situation.

jelliott076

That was a pretty good for those that were able to make it. The turn out was incredible and the clean up was done in no time. We even had time for a quick trail before lunch.

Attachments

• 1446941015860.jpg
    1446941015860.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 1446941033054.jpg
    1446941033054.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 1446941057853.jpg
    1446941057853.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 1446941077341.jpg
    1446941077341.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 58

jelliott076

Jeep looks good Josh. That's a great turnout for the clean up.

Thanks Renay! It's been a money pit but
a fun build.

Wish I could have been there. Your Jeep looks awesome! What all did you do?

We added a few small items to her Bill: Dynatrac PR60's front and rear, PSC Ram assist steering (currently a pain in my ass), ARB air lockers and onboard air, Currie Anti Rocks, and the ATX Slabs with new shoes.

AZMikeD

Sometimes it isn't just about the wheelin'. Spending time today to help clean up an area where I've been wheeling was very satisfying. It was also great hanging out with Paul and new friends Josh, his wife and Rott; Josh #2, his dad ("Grandpa" ) and little boy. Had a great time!

Thanks Josh for snapping some pics! Unfortunately, I didn't think of it.

I really dig Grandpa's retro graphics on his Jeep JK. Nice touch!

Also, props to the dude with the RHD LR Defender. I enjoy seeing uncommon vehicles on the trail and this one was cool.

Last edited:

jelliott076

Looks like a nice showing of jeeps for the 4 peaks clean up.

Yeah man, there were a gang of various Jeeps. The other rigs were cool to see as well. That Defender was certainly the most exotic, but some of the trailered Jeeps and buggies were head turners. Like you said, nice showing.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
Thanks Renay! It's been a money pit but
a fun build.

We added a few small items to her Bill: Dynatrac PR60's front and rear, PSC Ram assist steering (currently a pain in my ass), ARB air lockers and onboard air, Currie Anti Rocks, and the ATX Slabs with new shoes.

A few small items!!!! The smallest item on this list is OBA and I thought you had that already. LOL.

Top Bottom