Big Bend National Park

98chilipepperxj

Hello Jeepers, I'm going on a 4 day expedition to Big Bend in January with a few people and curious about the trails. I've never been there before, so if any of you have, please share some good info about what are the better trails/best camping spots etc. Thanks!

USMC Wrangler

The Jeep trails or hiking trails? Black Gap is the only "unimproved" road in the park. It can be hairy after a heavy rain like all the unpaved roads, but otherwise pretty tame. The rest of the dirt roads are pretty much just that. Old Ore has some rocky spots but nothing a stock Jeep can't handle. Hiking trails...Emory Peak is about 10 miles round trip and is well worth the hike. Balancing rock is cool and so is Pine Canyon, IMO. Enjoy!

Exodus 4x4

You won't run into anything you couldn't handle with a stock setup. Old Ore is the more scenic trail to drive IMO. The hike up to Pine Canyon is worth it in the spring, not sure about winter though. Big Bend Ranch may offer more interesting trails. If I were you I'd check with the group headed out there like Bobby said. They're actually going to the state park.

98chilipepperxj

Thanks for the input yall. Bobby, when are y'all going? And USMC Wrangler, Semper fi and happy vets day! Also I should've clarified, jeep trails is what I was looking for but we are doing some hiking as well.

Top Bottom