Close

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Well, the wife and I were just discussing a few days ago how we have purchased most of the parts for this build from Northridge and we were thinking of trying out Trail Jeeps for this next round of modifications. We have heard nothing but great things about them. Looks like there is a very good reason to do just that now. To blatantly rip off the format of someone else's hard work is telling of the morals of the folks in charge of that project. I have not seen the video in question, but honestly I don't need to. I have yet to see any Jeep related videos with the same authenticity and quality as Wayalife videos.
    "A Warrior Lives a life of contradiction, for he strives to create a world in which he is no longer needed"

BOHICA / 2016 Mojave Sand JKU
    BOHICA Build Thread

CRYSTAL / 2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JK Unlimited
    CRYSTAL Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    While I'm sure this will come as no huge surprise to some, I support Eddie's position 100%. There comes a point in time (at least for most people anyway) where "enough is enough" and you must stand up for what you know is right. From my perspective, and these are my words and not anyone else's, Northridge has been increasingly using this site in an attempt to position itself to make money doing far more than just reselling Jeep parts. Frankly, I find it disgusting. And for anyone who has been in this game for more than five years, you know that Northridge owes a lot of its success to the forums that Eddie has laboriously built. Seeing Northridge pimp videos which, regardless of the quality (or lack thereof), were blatant ripoffs of Eddie and Cindy's bread and butter business was, well, telling.

Some things in this life are far more important than money. Honor, integrity, and loyalty are at the top of the list...as is remembering who you are, how you got to where you are, and who helped you get there. It's about God damn time people in this nation start remembering those concepts before we become even more of an entitled, "what's in it for me" society...in other words, before this entire nation becomes Kalifornia. Rant over.

Here is a for you Eddie. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision but the right ones never are.
    I totally agree with this. They nonchalantly crossed a line and transitioned from another source of communication to customers/family, into a stab at Eddie and Cindy's creativity and awesome documentary skills and huge push for money. I don't think I'm the only one that feels apart of the previous JK experiences without even being there. Theres no replacing good friends having fun together and helping those who need it on the trail with product advertisement and basically plagiarism. I hope that Eddie and Cindy document some of their future adventures to share with us because i miss that here on this forum. That will never be able to be replaced by northridge or anyone else that tries. I come to this forum for advise and to share knowledge. Not forum discounts or hand outs. Im sure there are many many others that feel the same. Needless to say I'm behind Wayalife and our family and whatever decision that needs to be made. Heres a huge pat on the back to Eddie and Cindy for standing their ground and fighting for what they believe in, just as Sharkey said.

Thanks Eddie, for keeping this forum about family, not about paper.

I just watched the video. It is a straight up rip off of the Wayalife video format.

Eddie and Cindy, Great Decision! The quality of your work with Wayalife will keep you strong! Needless to say, NR quality will never compare nor I see it growing with that level of production they pushed.
    Looking forward to the Wayalife future productions!

Those non WAYALIFE videos sucked by comparison to every video made by Eddie and Cindy! Northridge are fools.
    The ANIMAL Build Thread

2012 JKUR 6 spd Manual; 5.13 gears; 4:1, CRUSH

Done so far: Pro Comp 17x9 wheels, 37" NITTO Trail Grapplers, EVO Enforcer 4" Lift, 2.5 Spec. King Shocks/Compression Adjusters, 5.13 Gears, RR Aluminum Billet Hood Latches, Truck-Lite LED Headlights, Rigid Dually LEDs, Cobra 75 CB, Wild Boar Roof Rack, Tom Woods 1310 Front Drive shaft

Quote Originally Posted by JKAnimal View Post
    Those non WAYALIFE videos sucked by comparison to every video made by Eddie and Cindy! Northridge are fools.
    Its just ashame they let business out weigh our relationship with them

I've bought most of my parts from northridge, but I've learned almost everything I know about my jk from Eddie and all of you guys here on this great forum.
    It's easy for me to say that I won't be giving anymore business to northridge.

Wow that really is unfortunate. When I first saw the video, I assumed it had been ran by you beforehand. I do understand your position and honestly if I was in your position, I'd probably do the exact same. 🏾️

I am behind, & support Wayalife and Eddie 100%!!!
    2008 2DR RED ROCK X

Sorry to hear about it. Anyway, life goes on.