New wheels vs wheel spacers

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
I have a 2010 JKU Sahara, ordered a 2.5 budget boost today. My plan is 35x12.50 or 315/70 tires, most likely BFG KO2. My Sahara has 18" wheels, looking at maybe ordering 17" wheels and tires instead of buying the spacers.
Spidertrax spacers are about 200 for 4 and 5 wheels are going to be 450-500 not counting tpms.
My question is does anybody regret getting spacers or had any issues with them.
I'm trying to plan ahead on my purchases, thanks for your input.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have a 2010 JKU Sahara, ordered a 2.5 budget boost today. My plan is 35x12.50 or 315/70 tires, most likely BFG KO2. My Sahara has 18" wheels, looking at maybe ordering 17" wheels and tires instead of buying the spacers.
Spidertrax spacers are about 200 for 4 and 5 wheels are going to be 450-500 not counting tpms.

There are a bunch of people on here who have ran spacers and still do run spacers and all seem happy. The only thing I would say to you is do you really want to stay at an 18" wheel? If you go down to 17 you will have more tire options available to you and be cheaper. In your case it might be worth it to get new wheels with the proper backspacing with the new tires you want over getting spacers. Just my opinion.

WJCO

Meme King

If you do get spacers, get good hubcentric ones, do not get cheap ones.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Honestly for the money you will spend on spacers, just go get new 17" wheels and save hundreds on tires.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
There are a bunch of people on here who have ran spacers and still do run spacers and all seem happy. The only thing I would say to you is do you really want to stay at an 18" wheel? If you go down to 17 you will have more tire options available to you and be cheaper. In your case it might be worth it to get new wheels with the proper backspacing with the new tires you want over getting spacers. Just my opinion.

That kinda what I was thinking 18" tires are at least 30 dollars higher a tire, so more than that.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Another question. Can my factory wheel TPMS can they be put in aftermarket wheels? I plan getting Procomp 97 Rock Crawler steel wheels.
I have a Flashcal, but I don't think it give me a option to disable them. Guess I need to update it and see. Thanks

WJCO

Meme King
Another question. Can my factory wheel TPMS can they be put in aftermarket wheels? I plan getting Procomp 97 Rock Crawler steel wheels.
I have a Flashcal, but I don't think it give me a option to disable them. Guess I need to update it and see. Thanks

To the best of my knowledge, they are compatible with any wheel.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug

Yes. They will fit. My flashcal also did not. My girlfriend bought mine for me as a present not knowing theyre not compatible with Mac. We only have Macs [emoji58]

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Yes. They will fit. My flashcal also did not. My girlfriend bought mine for me as a present not knowing theyre not compatible with Mac. We only have Macs [emoji58]

We have one old Compaq laptop, I can update maybe. Everything else we has a Apple on it.

BlackHawk08jk

You have to consider new wheels will be wider, which will help with the fact your about to put a wider tire on. And also a 17" wheel will give you more side wall which means smoother ride.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Yes they can transfer over. When you update your flashcal there is a free download that lets you disable the tpms all together

Top Bottom