Texas Winter Run @ Barnwell Mountains - January 15th-17th

daverawr

Due to reasons for not being able to go to the Big Bend run that i had set up earlier and the lack of people being able to make it to the Barnwell run during thanksgiving week I thought i should resurrect this one for Mid January since there were more people with interest in going on this trip!
I hope all of you can make it , should be fun! Im going up to Barnwell mountains for thanksgiving and will give it ago and see how i feel about leading the Medium/Hard group for this run. But if you want to be a leader or have experience at this park please let me know !

With the Abundance of New Texas Wayalifers that have joined, I think it's only appropriate that we all get together, get our Jeeps off road, spend some time together and make some new friendship. Nothing like starting 2016 off with a Winter Run through Barnwell Mountain OHV area! I know this run is quiet a ways off, but I'd like to give people time to plan accordingly and be able to make this run. Whether you are from North Texas, South Texas, East Texas, West Texas, or even Oklahoma or Arkansas, Please don't hesitate to sign up.

There are numerous OHV trails in this area that provide a great time for the most experienced wheeler to the person who has there jeep off road for the first time! Over 1,850 acres to explore.

The dates of this run will be: Friday, January 15th, 16th, 17th
The main trail day will be Saturday, The 16th

Lodging info
Barnwell Mountain ORV area is Located in Gilmer, TX(known for antiques). Gilmer is located about 1.45hr East of dallas, and about 3.30hr North of Houston(I promise, it'll be worth the trip). It offers several Hotels in the area being:

Executive Inn
920 U.S. Hwy 271 South
Gilmer, TX 75644
903-843-6099

Gilmer Inn
1018 U.S. Hwy 271 South
Gilmer, TX 75644
903-843-3033

There is also Cabin, RV, and tent camping available at BMRA. Spot reservations and Cabin rentals can be found at: bmra.org

Requirments
For this run, I will be seperating us into three groups(Easy, Medium, Hard) So that We can have the most possible people comfortable on there own set of trails. I ask that you please designate yourself to the group that you will feel most comfortable with. Requirements are listed by each group.

REQUIRED FOR EVERYONE:YOU MUST HAVE A VALID TEXAS OHV STICKER
You must have a valid Texas OHV sticker to be able to enter the park. These Stickers can be purchased in multiple areas and BMRA has a small supply of them at there front office for $17. You WILL NOT be able to enter the park and run these trails without it.

Itinerary

We will have a Friday night Meet and Greet between 5pm and 7pm. This will be where everyone can come together, meet with each other, eat and fellowship and have a great time. This will take place at: Swanner's Hamburgers, 620 W Tyler St, Gilmer, TX 75644-2143 I'll leave it up to everyone on there own if they'd like to run trails on Friday, but our official event starts that evening at the meet and greet dinner. There is some disscusion of a possible night run, but that is still in the works.

Saturday(main trail day)
On Saturday, we will meet up at around 7am in (location undetermined) and have a short drivers meeting at APPROXIMATELY 8:30AM. We will then split into our respective groups and head towards the park. I ask that everyone have your Jeeps gassed up and ready to run before the drivers meeting. We will be having lunch on the trail that day so plan accordingly, Also, this is a winter run, so come prepared as such. Its going to be cold, but there's no better way to remedy that then by getting offroad and having some fun

After spending the day on the trails, we will be meeting back up at the original location and getting ready to have a victory dinner at an undecided location yet.

Sunday will be a Tenative trail day for those of you who would like to stick around and have some more fun.

I ask that everyone take care of the environment, stay on the trails, and pick up afterwards. We have a large group representing Wayalife, and I ask that everyone do so respectfully!

I will be starting a list of three groups(EASY, MEDIUM, HARD) And i will also be looking for two or three Group leaders. If you are interested in being a group leader, please PM me. Please, select the group that you feel most comfortable with and that your rig is most capable of, and just remember no matter what group that you are in, we will be having FUN! There is NO CAP on this run, and I'd like to have as many Wayalifers as possible attend. So please, tell your friends and have them sign up and give us a wave!!

Easy Group: Easy-Moderate (Group leader open)
Requirements : Your Jeep and a open mind!

Omega
Pine Hill Run
Solihull
Humdinger
X-Way
Sierra's Skyview
Greenlane
Linda Gail
We Show
Angry Jeep
CM Drive
Desi Way
On Any Sunday

Medium/Medium-hard. (Group leader open)
Requirements:
JKU 35" Tires - JK 33" Tires ( Minimums )
Rock Sliders
Full Size Spare
Recovery Equipment

Rock Garden
Old Town Trio
Sidewinder
Binder Boulevard
L&B Boulevard
Jeep Hollow
Sunday Cruise
The Politician
Jerry Paul
Horseshoe Gulch
Spider Ravine
Jeep Eater
Claude's Ravine
Fun Country
Twister
Whatever

1. daverawr

2. BobbyGTX

3. Texas Nick

Hard Group Very Hard (Group leader open)
Requirements:
JKU 37" Tires - JK 35" Tires ( Minimum )
Rock Sliders
Winch
Full Size Spare
CB Radio
Recovery Equipment

Scorpion Pass
Weenie World
Venom Loop
DeWoody
Saturday Night Live
Houston Creek
Shake, Rattle & Roll
Wile E. Coyote

Tenative

Thank you for reading and please, if you have any questions whatsoever or have interest in becoming a group leader, please PM me. Continue to watch this original post as well for updating details and/or any changes that may be made to this run.

See ya in January

Last edited:

daverawr

Thanks! Trail jeep just sent my stuff out should be here tomorrow and ready for the trip!

Did they email you ? I haven't received anything regarding my order. I called them last week and left a voice mail but haven't received a call back yet.... :(

BobbyGTX

Did they email you ? I haven't received anything regarding my order. I called them last week and left a voice mail but haven't received a call back yet.... :(

Yeah i did the same thing last week, but when i called someone answered and they told me the were waiting on Evo to ship out. I finally received a email telling me that my order shipped out and i received a tracking number.

daverawr

Yeah i did the same thing last week, but when i called someone answered and they told me the were waiting on Evo to ship out. I finally received a email telling me that my order shipped out and i received a tracking number.

Hm. Just checked my email and spam folder and nothing. Sent them an email just now, probably give them a call tomorrow.! haha Hopefully mines on the way too ahah. Anyways time to leave this back to the topic of the run! :thumb:

dwvninety

Due to reasons for not being able to go to the Big Bend run that i had set up earlier and the lack of people being able to make it to the Barnwell run during thanksgiving week I thought i should resurrect this one for Mid January since there were more people with interest in going on this trip!
I hope all of you can make it , should be fun! Im going up to Barnwell mountains for thanksgiving and will give it ago and see how i feel about leading the Medium/Hard group for this run. But if you want to be a leader or have experience at this park please let me know !

I will be at Barnwell on Friday after Thanksgiving. I plan on running a few trails.

BobbyGTX

Hm. Just checked my email and spam folder and nothing. Sent them an email just now, probably give them a call tomorrow.! haha Hopefully mines on the way too ahah. Anyways time to leave this back to the topic of the run! :thumb:

Yeah man hopefully, are you still going out there next weekend? If you do can let me know how it it, like to get some info on the trails.

daverawr

I will be at Barnwell on Friday after Thanksgiving. I plan on running a few trails.
Cool. Maybe we will run into each other ill be there around night time, running some trails.

Yeah man hopefully, are you still going out there next weekend? If you do can let me know how it it, like to get some info on the trails.

Yeah I will be going out there. I will definitely get some pics and info of the area !

daverawr

BUMP! lets get some more interest on this run! Ill be going soon to get more info. ! Weather didnt permit a trip the past weekend. and this weekend i have test. So possibly next weekend or the weekend after, i will be up there to check everything out

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
BUMP! lets get some more interest on this run! Ill be going soon to get more info. ! Weather didnt permit a trip the past weekend. and this weekend i have test. So possibly next weekend or the weekend after, i will be up there to check everything out

Im trying (Hoping) to make it, Depends on how smooth this Saturday goes... (long arms)

BobbyGTX

Im still in man!

daverawr

Im trying (Hoping) to make it, Depends on how smooth this Saturday goes... (long arms)
Best of luck with the instal ! [emoji106]

Im still in man!
[emoji106][emoji106] good hey man btw, did you receive your things from trail jeeps? And by chance was the Evo Sliders on your order. Haven't received a call back yet and haven't got my sliders.... [emoji58] going to spam call them and see what's going on

Angry Aussie

Looks like a pretty cool spot, wish I could make it but it's just a bit to far away for me especially with how cold it will be. If there's ever a spring or summer trip I'd make one of those. Y'all have fun take tons of pictures.

BobbyGTX

Best of luck with the instal ! [emoji106]

[emoji106][emoji106] good hey man btw, did you receive your things from trail jeeps? And by chance was the Evo Sliders on your order. Haven't received a call back yet and haven't got my sliders.... [emoji58] going to spam call them and see what's going on

Yes i received my stuff and no i order the evo rear fascia and 1/4 pounder

daverawr

Looks like a pretty cool spot, wish I could make it but it's just a bit to far away for me especially with how cold it will be. If there's ever a spring or summer trip I'd make one of those. Y'all have fun take tons of pictures.

Yeah. If you haven't checked out the Escondido run that is being planned you should check that out. It'll be during spring time. It's the sister park to Barnwells and looks like it'll a crazy fun trip

BobbyGTX

Yeah. If you haven't checked out the Escondido run that is being planned you should check that out. It'll be during spring time. It's the sister park to Barnwells and looks like it'll a crazy fun trip

Yup, making that run too!

Top Bottom