spark plugs

LJmike66

I was thinking of changing the spark plugs on my 06 LJ unlimited, I was wondering what everyone uses for plugs since this is my first jeep.

jeeeep

Hooked
Champion or Autolite Platinum Spark Plugs stock ratings.

I've tried the other "performance" plugs and they didn't make a difference and in one case made my Jeep run worse

BlackBandit

Platinum plugs are the way to go. They dont "enhance" performance but rather extend it. The plat plugs can last an easy 180km to 200km

WJCO

Meme King
I myself have seen a couple autolite plugs break over time. Just me. In my younger days, I was always about NGK and other performance plugs, but truthfully now, I have seen better luck with OEM plugs. Just my :twocents: .

MC2003TJ

Champion plugs have worked well for me in my Jeep. Good old fashioned copper electrode truck plugs. Platinum plugs are a waste of money for a Jeep. I have tried many different manufacturers and styles over the years. I have never had a plug failure and I do a bunch of solo wheeling. I bring a full set of spares just for back-up.

Last edited:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Just put standard champion plugs in it, change at scheduled maintenance period. Chrysler uses champion as OE, GM uses ACDelco, Ford uses Motorcraft and so on.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Motorcraft=champion. I used to work for Advance Auto Parts corporate. Basically anything with a manufacturer name brand is some other brand. Check out a company called Mann & Hummel. They own most of the major filter & parts brands like Fram. Basically stick with the names you know.

Top Bottom