Rubicon or Sport S

Dubzy

I recently had to make the same choice for my 15. Went rubicon.
With a very small lift and 35s, it is far more capable than my driving ability.

Long term plan is go really big, but not until I use some of the warranty milage. And get better as a driver.

I vote rubicon.

potdraGGer

^^ This
I went through the same dilemma as you're going through. Spent a lot of time running numbers and whatnot. What it boiled down to for me was time and what I could do with the jeep during the build process. Since I don't have an endless supply of money and am just saving for each mod one at a time (for the most part), and I've accepted I won't have a fully built rig overnight, I went Rubicon. My rig is basically stock besides some recovery gear, armor and a leveling kit (still running 32's) and it does awesome offroad. We took it to Moab and run local trails here and have a great time. Of course you could have a ton of fun in a stock sport too, but the 4:1 and lockers make a huge difference. And I'm not gonna lie and say the heated seats, Nav, and Alpine sound doesn't make a difference either. Im not afraid to say I want my wife riding in comfort while I grind away at my skid plates. Haha. So in my opinion, if you're gonna build fairly slow and want an awesomely capable rig in the process, go with the Rubicon. If you're willing to buy a rig and throw a good amount of money at it all at once, go with the Sport. If I had it to do over I wouldn't have done it any differently.

I think this is exactly the truth for me as well. Get something you can run now and upgrade when you can. Great advise.

potdraGGer

I recently had to make the same choice for my 15. Went rubicon.
With a very small lift and 35s, it is far more capable than my driving ability.

Long term plan is go really big, but not until I use some of the warranty milage. And get better as a driver.

I vote rubicon.

Another great point. Going Sport I would pretty much be voiding the warranty first chance I get with the money I've saved. Going Rubi I'll get lockers, I'll get the D44 upfront and can upgrade stuff that doesn't void the warranty. I think this one sealed the deal. Great advise. Thank you.

Top Bottom