Dynatrac pro grip brakes

olly1969

the rear progrips are on my tiny JKUR and it stops like a sports car. I currently have the teraflex big brakes in the front, but they will be replaced for those PROGRIP II when they come out!!!!!!!

WJCO

Meme King
Before you converted over from stock, did you have "spongey" brake peddle ?? , if so did the dynatracs clear that problem...,,, I've had nothing but issues with a spongey feeling brake peddle to the point that i have parked the jeep....Ive replaced every component, reversed bled the system sevrral times, hooked a solus pro up an bled the hcu and still have a spongey pedal...any ideas ? Do you think the dynatracs would eleviate the problem ?,,,

Spongey brakes are due to a hydraulic problem, not a mechanical problem. You could line-lock each hose one at a time and test drive to isolate the problem. Could even be a master cylinder. I would check all bleeders and hose connections to ensure that you aren't sucking any air in.

5280Sapper

SSBC, Stoptech, Willwood, Bear, and Brembo make kits I'm sure probably better too. I run Brembo GTS on my ZO6 and never had any issues road racing.

JAGS

Hooked
SSBC, Stoptech, Willwood, Bear, and Brembo make kits I'm sure probably better too. I run Brembo GTS on my ZO6 and never had any issues road racing.

That's cool, now tack on another 2500 pounds+. That's like two of your corvettes. Bet your brakes wouldn't work so good then.

jagrubb99

They still would out perform them....

Stopping weight is a completely different animal than stopping speed. Hence, the brake kits for f1/Indy cars are set up COMPLETELY different from the extremely heavy off-road racing trucks you see. Pad compound, rotor structure etc are all different. This is the reason you can't just throw a 6 piston brembo kit on a Jeep and just expect it to stop in half the time. If these kits you listed were to outperform the dynatrac kits on a Jeep, why wouldn't these heavy diesel trucks like the RAM 2500, f250, duramax, etc just come with these "brembo" or other kits? The dynatrac progrip was designed to increase the amount of leverage the stock Jeep caliper holds on the rotor to account for larger tires. But to each their own.

5280Sapper

I forgot dynatrac was the best for everything.. I ran willwoods on my cummins worked far better then the stock units.. And production vehicles like you listed don't come with them simply because of cost.. Add 15,000 in a high performance braking system to a $30,000 jeep is just stupid..

JAGS

Hooked
They still would out perform them....

Sure, that's why they've been marketing them so heavily to the off rod community and selling the shit out of them to. 🤔

I'm guessing you have zero real world testing results to prove your hypothesis.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I'm lost what we are even comparing. If it's the normal pro grip to brembo, sbbc etc big brake kits I will side with Sapper. Those guys aren't stupid, they are brake experts and know all about brake compound etc. To further that point, dynatrac released the progrip ii which would be in the same class as those others. The biggest downfall to all those big kits is you need 18" wheels.

jeeeep

Hooked
yeah!! well I like to eat ice cream in my Jeep..doesn't do shit for stopping but it tastes good and I also eat ice cream in my other Jeep and it tastes just as good in case we're comparing apples to apples!!

what I just said makes about as much sense as discussing performance brakes from cars.... why??

OP I've been running the Dynatrac brakes with my 37's since they became available. before the 37's I had 315's with PowerStop drilled/slotted. the powerstops were better than stock with the 315's ( I also pulled a 5x8 trailer regularly) but once I got the ProGrips stopping was no longer an adventure. With the PowerStops I had to allow space to stop the 37's mounted on ATX Chamber Pro II's but once the ProGrips were installed, braking felt the same as my stock 2015.

I can tell you from experience that reverse bleeding on the Jeep made my brake pedal worse. I bought the kit specific to allow reverse bleeding and after several attempts I gave up and did a good old fashion brake bleed. in the past week since it's gotten hotter my pedal is feeling a little spongier than usual but I suspect I may have a slow leak with one of the bleeder screws - this is my weekend project.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Before you converted over from stock, did you have "spongey" brake peddle ?? , if so did the dynatracs clear that problem...,,, I've had nothing but issues with a spongey feeling brake peddle to the point that i have parked the jeep....Ive replaced every component, reversed bled the system sevrral times, hooked a solus pro up an bled the hcu and still have a spongey pedal...any ideas ? Do you think the dynatracs would eleviate the problem ?,,,

Mate not trying to be a dick but it sounds like you need a different mechanic. It's either sucking air from somewhere (usually a bad caliper piston seal if there's no leak) or it hasn't been bled properly.

IgotaWoody39

Mate not trying to be a dick but it sounds like you need a different mechanic. It's either sucking air from somewhere (usually a bad caliper piston seal if there's no leak) or it hasn't been bled properly.

Could be, but I,ve replaced all the calipers with new ones....Last summer i had a brake line failure near the steering box, rubbed thru,,,,since then the brakes have been fubar...As with all my jeeps, brtween 100k -125k I replace all brake /fuel components...

I guess it could be possible the new line could be sucking air, but no where is it showing external leakage...the solus pro did require a bleed down on the rightside twice both frt and rear.... I've bled just about a full gal thru the system the old school way, then a reverse bleed, hcu bleed with the solus then back to a maual bleed.. I'll find it one way or the other....

Thanks for the input....

Top Bottom