I always wonder why people talk crap about WAL on other forums

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I never said theBig Bake kit was better than the other kits. I was giving the op options. But on WAL the only options that count are the ones that are favorable to the sponsors.

Funny, I just called you out on posting up "concepts" that you've imagined in your head and have posted up as being some kind of "fact" and somehow, in your tiny mind, that translates to me only looking at comments made about sponsors as being "favorable". Essentially, I am right and this is your strawman's defense. :naw:

I always wonder why people talk crap about WAL on other forums. Now I know why.

:yawn37: What a surprise. Now I know why you were all talk and no substance :naw:

Delete me from your forum.

Get a life and delete yourself from my forum. Never asked you to be here in the first place. :naw:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So when did bleeding the brakes become a hard thing?

In all fairness, if you mess with the plumbing on a JK, it will require an ABS bleed to fully get all the air out. This is something your dealership can do for you and they essentially take a scan tool to use your ABS system to bleed the system.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
In all fairness, if you mess with the plumbing on a JK, it will require an ABS bleed to fully get all the air out. This is something your dealership can do for you and they essentially take a scan tool to use your ABS system to bleed the system.

And even then it can be a pain. I had a Saturn kick my butt for a day trying to get the abs system bled when I worked at the stealership.

Hot94Z28

When I replaced all my brake lines with extended ones I didn't have any issues? I have done ABS brakes before and not had issues. I might do it a different way?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
When I replaced all my brake lines with extended ones I didn't have any issues? I have done ABS brakes before and not had issues. I might do it a different way?

Fairly certain that changing your brake lines next to the wheels doesn't break into the ABS portion of the braking system.

Going to bigger brakes requires a bigger master cylinder which will involve the ABS portion. So you'd have to take it in at that point.

Hot94Z28

Fairly certain that changing your brake lines next to the wheels doesn't break into the ABS portion of the braking system.

Going to bigger brakes requires a bigger master cylinder which will involve the ABS portion. So you'd have to take it in at that point.

Ok, thought it was referred to any time you bleed the system my bad.

2011jk

Well for what its worth I have a PR60 with the upgraded brakes and a PR 80 , 40" tires 6400lbs empty using the stock MC and it stops insanely good. Much better than most cars and all the trucks I have owned. WAY better that a stock JK. I never took it back to the dealer for abs issues etc. Now have I done the same with a larger MC no as IMO its not needed. No issues with pedal stroke or anything else. Others may have differing opinions:).

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Well for what its worth I have a PR60 with the upgraded brakes and a PR 80 , 40" tires 6400lbs empty using the stock MC and it stops insanely good. Much better than most cars and all the trucks I have owned. WAY better that a stock JK. I never took it back to the dealer for abs issues etc. Now have I done the same with a larger MC no as IMO its not needed. No issues with pedal stroke or anything else. Others may have differing opinions:).

Puff puff pass

10frank9

Web Wheeler

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448416133.978071.jpg :idontknow:

jims68

Eddie is so correct here! My first experience with this was putting together a engine fire mess which entailed cleaning out the system then putting in the replacement ABS pump. Even with a bleeder pump and two working on it then forcing an ABS activation several times we had little success. On the off chance of working ,I hate taking things into a dealer, I tried Speed Bleaders. They are basically a check valved bleeder. As usual start furthest line out to shortest and quite a bit of fluid it seemed to have worked. Two years so far and no issues. It is really hard to get a Chrysler shop to work on a totaled, partially burned LS powered anything let alone a Jeep! Point being many on here have struggled with and have tried many different things and applications. Eddie having probably the most voracious appetite for Jeep anything! That is why I am here! If I would of listened to Eddie and other on this site other things that I have done and learned on my own would of been SO much easier! As with anything time makes things easier even listening!

Top Bottom