Trek Top issues

rinkishjk

The hard plastic edge should go into the grove of the door. The edge faces the rear of the jeep.

Not wrapped completely into the door channels are your problem.

What these guys said. I see this Alot when driving on other Jeeps. The hard plastic edge needs to go into the channel on the surround, so when it's in u do not see it. It's a snug fit, as is the bottom as well.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I had that same problem with my factory soft top. Just the driver side window panel would not want to go into the track on the door.

Kittykat

Glad someone posted this. I have the same problem with my NX trektop and it's super annoying. I won't run it in the winter because of this. If only it wasn't so hard to put it on correctly when the suns not out to stretch it out.

Glad someone posted this. I have the same problem with my NX trektop and it's super annoying. I won't run it in the winter because of this. If only it wasn't so hard to put it on correctly when the suns not out to stretch it out.

Because of what? The rear panel lip wont go in the groove around the door?

Kittykat

Because of what? The rear panel lip wont go in the groove around the door?

Ya It won't stretch all the way, even tried to hammer them in lol. I usually can just get the bottom of the panel in and that's it. when I run it with my bestop doors the two are just hitting against each other. The doors are almost worse though. Any high speeds and there's about a 2 inch gap because they flap out so much.

Ya It won't stretch all the way, even tried to hammer them in lol. I usually can just get the bottom of the panel in and that's it. when I run it with my bestop doors the two are just hitting against each other. The doors are almost worse though. Any high speeds and there's about a 2 inch gap because they flap out so much.

I had to heat mine with a hair dryer for the initial install. If you can post a pic of where you get this 2" gap, that would be helpful.

Kittykat

The 2" gap is just my doors. I'm not running them on my jeep right now. The panel
Lip won't fit in the groove in the door for my trektop. Same as the video above. Does the blowdryer help the panel lip fit perfectly around?

JKRicky

The 2" gap is just my doors. I'm not running them on my jeep right now. The panel
Lip won't fit in the groove in the door for my trektop. Same as the video above. Does the blowdryer help the panel lip fit perfectly around?

Are you trying to put it inside the grove while everything is zipped up? If so, that will def cause you a problem. I'm just curious because they should fit in the grove no problem.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Its not in the grove or channel. release the clamps at header. I usually connect zippers on side and back windows partially, then put in side channel and bottom too. Then work the zippers. At least it works for me.

It lets it relax and stretch so id say so... mine wasnt even close to being able to zip until i heated it.

Kittykat

Its not in the grove or channel. release the clamps at header. I usually connect zippers on side and back windows partially, then put in side channel and bottom too. Then work the zippers. At least it works for me.

Thanks! I'll try that next time

Top Bottom