Wave from Ogden Ut!! Rear bumper question!

nachocheese

Hey new to the forum I'm from Utah! Wanting to purchase a rear bumper with tire carrier for my Jk unlimited 13! Want to know what brands to avoid and what brands are good from experience! Any input would be appreciated!!!

JeepJeep75

Hi nacho. You pretty much cannot go wrong with any American made bumper. There are several brands that are contributors on this forum. I went with LOD bumpers front and back and have not one complaint.

spinuck

I had an LoD linked rear bumper on my JKU. I think it's a great bumper, tough as hell. buried my JK in a couple feet of mud, it took two Dodge 2500s pull together to get it out, and the bumper and the shackle mount held up fine.

SevenSlotSpartan

Welcome to WAL Nacho!! Yeah man as others have said, any American made system is going to perform well and hold up well over abuse! I plan to go the LoD route as a couple have suggested but another manufacturer to look into might be JCR. They are really popular where I'm from but deservingly so because they produce, from what I can tell at least, a great high quality American made product.

Ddays

Hooked
Welcome to WAL!

Did you consider running bumperless? I saw on your other thread lots of guys saying the stock mount will work with your 35's. Your hitch is independent of the bumper, so you can still pull a trailer.

I took my Poison Snyder off to repaint it and liked the look without it so much that I'm not putting it back on. I'm ordering the EVO fascia kit from Trail Jeeps tomorrow...

Ddays

Hooked
@ddays I have never considered it! Do you have any pics?

Yep, you bet! I will post a couple up tomorrow.... I just got back from shopping all day and I NEED BEER!
I'm going to mount my EVO carrier I just got back from the powder coaters tomorrow and I'll take some before I get started...
You might want to check some of the build threads here... there's a ton of guys running this way. This look really started
growing on me after I took my bumper off & ran without it the last month.

Top Bottom