Method Race Wheels

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Completely agree. I have been running 105 for year now and not happy all all. I was able to get good deal on spacers because of David but Method customer service really play Ignorant. Only reason I am holding on to it now because too much money already invested getting spacers, removing broker bolts and investing in higher grade bolts. If you are planning to buy 105, make sure you check if you need spacers

You guys may have had bad issues, I had the opposite on my 105s. I have toyo open country 37s. I dont know of a tire with a thicker bead, maybe they exist. Anyway, I didn't need spacers. My rings are metal to metal and perfectly flat. I have 15k miles on mine and never had so much as a loose bolt, I check them every 3k miles. Guess it's hit or miss.

Method race wheels made in China spend the extra money get the Trail Ready beadlocks I got mine from #trailjeeps and they can have the rims and rings powder coated to your liking ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448731981.985232.jpg

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Ya unfortunately almost all wheels oem and aftermarket are made in China due to the Chinese government fully funding all the plants many years ago.

WEN2FAS

You guys may have had bad issues, I had the opposite on my 105s. I have toyo open country 37s. I dont know of a tire with a thicker bead, maybe they exist. Anyway, I didn't need spacers. My rings are metal to metal and perfectly flat. I have 15k miles on mine and never had so much as a loose bolt, I check them every 3k miles. Guess it's hit or miss.

When did you purchase yours? In my research I did find that they made a change in the design to the 105. But when I asked Method what they changed once again they played dumb. I also found the memo from Method to retailers of their 105's that first mentions the possible need for spacers. The whole memo is on bright orange backing and came out a year after I bought mine. Problem there is the retailers didn't pass the info on to the customers that purchased 105's. Shady on many levels. Then to not own the problem............fuck them. And OMF is the company that bailed Method out of the problem by showing them their shitty wheels need spacers.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
When did you purchase yours? In my research I did find that they made a change in the design to the 105. But when I asked Method what they changed once again they played dumb. I also found the memo from Method to retailers of their 105's that first mentions the possible need for spacers. The whole memo is on bright orange backing and came out a year after I bought mine. Problem there is the retailers didn't pass the info on to the customers that purchased 105's. Shady on many levels. Then to not own the problem............fuck them. And OMF is the company that bailed Method out of the problem by showing them their shitty wheels need spacers.

Ya I know they did make a change to the ring mounting based on feedback on the early ones that were used by u4 teams. Maybe that's the difference. I bought mine about 18 months ago. I think I got the newer style ones but not sure.

WEN2FAS

Ya I know they did make a change to the ring mounting based on feedback on the early ones that were used by u4 teams. Maybe that's the difference. I bought mine about 18 months ago. I think I got the newer style ones but not sure.

Sounds like from what your saying that's exactly what they changed. Did they also stop tapping the ring bolts directly into the cast aluminum without some type of sleeve?

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Raceline too. Seems to me Method either lacks knowledge or is cutting corners to save on cost. Either way thumbs down.

It's actually fairly easy to drill out the holes on the Raceline beadlocks for inserts like the ATX and Spyderlocks use. I did it on the raceline Monster beadlocks I had on my last JK when I had a few stripped out holes.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
It's actually fairly easy to drill out the holes on the Raceline beadlocks for inserts like the ATX and Spyderlocks use. I did it on the raceline Monster beadlocks I had on my last JK when I had a few stripped out holes.

That sounds like a whole lot of hassle.

WarriorJeep

I run 105's and they suck. First when I went to 37's from 35's the bead on the 37's was thicker than what Method could handle. When tightening the ring down it coned badly causing to much lateral pressure on the bolts which in turn chewed up the aluminum on the wheel itself. Had to heli coil a few holes. Called Method and was told I needed a spacer kit for $180. to fit 37's. Now there is a gap between the ring and rim to catch dirt or rocks or potentially rip the ring off. Methods customer service rude and unhelpful and they acted like they never heard of the problem which is total bs.

Ive had a tough go with my 105's as well, pulled them out of service due to problems. Method had me ship (at my expense) 3 of the wheels to them before thanksgiving, ill let you guys know what they say. Customer Service wasn't terrible though, were nice enough.

Sadly I am using some old American racing steelies with weld ons for now, I only keep them cause they are so ugly it becomes a conversation piece LOL

WEN2FAS

Ive had a tough go with my 105's as well, pulled them out of service due to problems. Method had me ship (at my expense) 3 of the wheels to them before thanksgiving, ill let you guys know what they say. Customer Service wasn't terrible though, were nice enough.

Sadly I am using some old American racing steelies with weld ons for now, I only keep them cause they are so ugly it becomes a conversation piece LOL

What's the back story? Did you try mounting tires and require spacers?

WEN2FAS

Did you get your wheels back?

WarriorJeep

Yes I mounted tires and voila...needed spacers. And after some cursory measurements noted that the backspacing was not uniform between all the wheels.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Well decided against the Method wheels. I'll be going with either black ATX Slabs or the bare aluminum Chamber Pro II.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Well decided against the Method wheels. I'll be going with either black ATX Slabs or the bare aluminum Chamber Pro II.

After reading this thread. I agree.

I love the look of the new camber pros evo1 is running. Guess I better start saving

Top Bottom