Rock krawler springs

rogerk93

I already have the King 2.5 waiting to be installed with a lift. If those shocks will affect the firmness at all.

Ddays

Hooked
I just installed the RK 3.5" Mid Arm kit. I switched from a RE 3.5 kit because I was really not happy with the quality of the pieces or the ride.
I didn't go with the EVO kit because I wanted to get rid of all of their (RE) control arms and get something better and RK looked to me to be the best option.
I can say the difference in quality is night and day. I weighed all of the arms for comparison and every one of the RK arms is at least twice as heavy as the RE equivalent.

There were a couple issues with the kit that I had to deal with as mentioned by others. One of them was the 1" setback, which was actually one of the reasons I went with RK. My axle was sitting pretty far forward with the old lift and I wanted to center it to the opening. Once installed I thought clearance with their rear track bar was going to be an issue and even posted a pic asking opinions on it, but turns out I am ok during articulation. A stock bar should clear it with no problem. Something else mentioned was the spring bowing. This is true. The wedge spacer provided won't work on my axle (PR60) and RK doesn't have an option for one so I have a machine shop making me a couple wedges to install to correct some of it. Something not mentioned is with the 1" setback you have to move the rear sway bar mounting brackets back an inch as well.

Overall I am happy with the ride as I have the lift paired with Fox 2.0 adjustable reservoir shocks at the #3 setting. It is somewhat stiff, but not what I'd consider excessive. I recently put 600 miles on it in a day and honestly I wasn't beat up at all or wishing for softer springs. I am running 37's on flat fenders so here's an idea of how yours would sit.
attachment.jpg

Please disregard all of the mall polish on the tires - I hate that shit. The dealership detailed the Jeep after an accident & drenched the tires with tire shine...

Last edited:

Grubbicon

I never had zero issues will my RK long arm and the coils. Ive rode in jeeps will plush rides and hands down a lot softer which to me is great with nothing in the jeep. I have felt mine is a bit soft still in the rear with the RK coils when it is weighted down even though its not all that often. As far as the rear being a inch back nothing contacts and there are wedges to fix the way the coils sit.

bouche03

Be aware that the RK rear control arms are about an in longer than stock by design and lead to some serious spring bow as well as clearance issues with the rear track bar upper bracket. I went with the RK lift because it included the 8 arms as well. I probably would not make that same decision again.

If you like, RK will custom make you any length arms you want. I didn't want the extra length due to the problems everyone seems to have, so I had them make me shorter rear arms than what come with the X-Factor

rogerk93

I just installed the RK 3.5" Mid Arm kit. I switched from a RE 3.5 kit because I was really not happy with the quality of the pieces or the ride.
I didn't go with the EVO kit because I wanted to get rid of all of their (RE) control arms and get something better and RK looked to me to be the best option.
I can say the difference in quality is night and day. I weighed all of the arms for comparison and every one of the RK arms is at least twice as heavy as the RE equivalent.

There were a couple issues with the kit that I had to deal with as mentioned by others. One of them was the 1" setback, which was actually one of the reasons I went with RK. My axle was sitting pretty far forward with the old lift and I wanted to center it to the opening. Once installed I thought clearance with their rear track bar was going to be an issue and even posted a pic asking opinions on it, but turns out I am ok during articulation. A stock bar should clear it with no problem. Something else mentioned was the spring bowing. This is true. The wedge spacer provided won't work on my axle (PR60) and RK doesn't have an option for one so I have a machine shop making me a couple wedges to install to correct some of it. Something not mentioned is with the 1" setback you have to move the rear sway bar mounting brackets back an inch as well.

Overall I am happy with the ride as I have the lift paired with Fox 2.0 adjustable reservoir shocks at the #3 setting. It is somewhat stiff, but not what I'd consider excessive. I recently put 600 miles on it in a day and honestly I wasn't beat up at all or wishing for softer springs. I am running 37's on flat fenders so here's an idea of how yours would sit.
View attachment 175587

Please disregard all of the mall polish on the tires - I hate that shit. The dealership detailed the Jeep after an accident & drenched the tires with tire shine...

Thank you for your point of view on the kit. Can you repost that picture it can't download for me.

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks!
Nope, it's the 3.5 X Factor mid arm kit. The lift only had under a 100 miles on it when I took that photo so it will probably settle a little. Also, the rear bumper wasn't on it yet and neither was the winch. The flat fenders do make it look like it sits higher.

Good luck with your decision & post up some pics when you get it done!

Top Bottom