CHECK ENGINE CODES : 2007-Up Jeep JK Wrangler

DVLDOG2004

Check Engine Codes

Crazy that this post is here...
My 2014 JKU has 30,250 miles on her and the Check Engine Light is on.....
I called the dealership on Thursday morning to schedule an appointment to get the AC compressor repaired and then as I was about to leave work Thursday night, I cranked my 2014 JKU and the check engine light came on. WTH!!
Ran the codes and got P0520.
Had to call the dealership Friday morning to add more work to be done.
Thanks for posting the codes, this helped me a lot in knowing what was going on with my jeep.
Now it's up to the dealership to get her squared away.👍🏻

atrollip

Is there any way to check historic codes? I know the dealership can but is there a way for me to check it on my own?

bigdookie

Just wondering if anyone knows the best way to put your Jeep through the drive cycle relearn to clear the "Not Ready" settings in the computer after changing the battery. I don't have any codes set, but 3 Not Ready's for Fuel System, O-2 Sensor and EVAP System.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

Just wondering if anyone knows the best way to put your Jeep through the drive cycle relearn to clear the "Not Ready" settings in the computer after changing the battery. I don't have any codes set, but 3 Not Ready's for Fuel System, O-2 Sensor and EVAP System.

Welcome to WAL! Stop by and give us a wave.

I've changed batteries in two JK's 2011 & 2013, and had no codes like that. Sounds like there may be another issue. Hopefully someone else can chime in. Good luck!

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

MIL Light OBD Reading

I've tried this several times with my 2011 JK and can't seem to get it to work.

Question... does this method only work with automatic transmissions?

I have a 3.8L 6 speed manual.

Thanks

ChiliDawg

Found a dealer to scan it for free with an OBD reader... evap code. Possible gas cap issue, but I don't think so. Anyhow, he cleared it and sent me on my merry way.

It's probably the same code mine is throwing - small evap leak. The mechanic who put my gears in told me there's a recall on the evap hose for a lot of these JK's and if so that's a covered replacement, warranty or not.

Dopey84

P0405 says egr position sensor low... has anyone else had this code and what was your fix... I'm gonna start with the wire harness and go from there really hoping I don't have to replace the egr valve itself ... I've been getting this code randomly about every other month sometime two months in between but no rough idle or stalling occurs any other symptoms I should look for

Dopey

Dopey84

P0405 says egr position sensor low... has anyone else had this code and what was your fix... I'm gonna start with the wire harness and go from there really hoping I don't have to replace the egr valve itself ... I've been getting this code randomly about every other month sometime two months in between but no rough idle or stalling occurs any other symptoms I should look for

Dopey

UPDATE: so since I've thrown this code I've started to get a ticking noise that's pretty loud on cold start and once it warms up gets a lil quieter at idle but gets louder as I drive and press the gas... could this egr valve be bad and be causing this...? I also changed the spark plugs and am changing valve cover gaskets as they have a small leak... also I've noticed that my engine does seem to get hot a lil more often than normal now to so the fan kicks on a lot any ideas ....?

bjack6978

Hi all I can use some help. I have a 14 jk and Im coming up with U0103 lost communication with gear shifter. Also U110A lost communication with SCM. I cant seam to find much about the SCM. I would appreciate any and all insight on this, Im a bit lost. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N920P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom