CHECK ENGINE CODES : 2007-Up Jeep JK Wrangler

Cool. Ill try a few things once the wifff gets home. Ill let you know if it goes away. Tks for the input

I would check your battery connections. If it was do to a lose connection. It should clear it self after awhile.

So i walked up to the jeep, armed with my wayalife book of knowledge. Must have scared the thrown code into submission. Went away on its own. Lol

OneCrazyFuq

I'm throwing c1210 which causes my abs as well as my esp and traction control to turn off. And all three of those light up on my dashboard. All help would be appreciated thanks

Dean454

I'm throwing c1210 which causes my abs as well as my esp and traction control to turn off. And all three of those light up on my dashboard. All help would be appreciated thanks

I just dealt with that. For me my driver side rear abs sensor was bad. Just popped in a new one

Caretaker

P0958 Code

I didn't see the code my Jeep threw along with P0133 O2 Sensor code, P0958. It took a while, but it turns out that P0958 will always remain in a ‘Pending’ status on the ECM since the transmission installed during my Hemi conversion was designed for a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 5.7L Hemi with an automatic transmission that has a manually controlled shifter mechanism which allows the driver to ‘toggle’ through the transmission gears selectively. Since the JKU transmission does not have this capability, the computer is looking for a circuit that isn’t there. This won’t throw the ‘Check Engine’ light on, however. But, when another DTC is generated, the P0958 code will always be presented with the other code(s). In other words, disregard it.

Caretaker

I didn't see the code my Jeep threw along with P0133 O2 Sensor code, P0958. It took a while, but it turns out that P0958 will always remain in a ‘Pending’ status on the ECM since the transmission installed during my Hemi conversion was designed for a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 5.7L Hemi with an automatic transmission that has a manually controlled shifter mechanism which allows the driver to ‘toggle’ through the transmission gears selectively. Since the JKU transmission does not have this capability, the computer is looking for a circuit that isn’t there. This won’t throw the ‘Check Engine’ light on, however. But, when another DTC is generated, the P0958 code will always be presented with the other code(s). In other words, disregard it.

Left out what the code means. P0958 = Auto Shift Manual Control Circuit Hi

stweasel

ESP and Throttle Control lights

While driving to Death Valley this morning my ESP and electronic throttle control light came on at the same time. The throttle response became a bit "jerky" I stopped and turned off the Jeep. When I restarted the jeep a few minutes later the lights were off and the Jeep ran fine. I drove into Pahrump and stopped at the AutoZone to have them read the codes and they were clear. Is this a weird anomaly or something I should have checked out by a proffesional?

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
While driving to Death Valley this morning my ESP and electronic throttle control light came on at the same time. The throttle response became a bit "jerky" I stopped and turned off the Jeep. When I restarted the jeep a few minutes later the lights were off and the Jeep ran fine. I drove into Pahrump and stopped at the AutoZone to have them read the codes and they were clear. Is this a weird anomaly or something I should have checked out by a proffesional?

Was it windy? Was the steering wheel not centered for a period of time? That's why.

TomJK

Can anyone help me with what this message? P0404 - Egr Position Sensor Rationality Open
Thanks!

Last edited:

REK

Key on and off trick to get codes

Will the Key on and off sequence work to get ABS codes?
like which wheel speed sensor is bad?

Katalyna

My traction lite will not turn off. Hubby has done the adjustments as required, but still the traction lite stays on.

~Kat

(time for a new mechanic...just saying)

TomJK

That code popped up for me over the weekend. Have you found out anything else since April?

I looked up the requirements to change out the valve. It seemed basic enough to do. But a couple weeks ago, the code cleared on it's own. So, for now, I'm just letting go. I haven't noticed any performance changes since it went off. Don't know what that may indicate.

KrawlerJK

We should take this thread a bit further and add the LS swap codes on the GM side. I have been getting a few popping up lately!

JWCA

Thanks for Saving Me Some $$$

Yesterday I got the Check Engine Light. I am glad my local mechanic was closed. Of course the Jeep Owners Manual was of no help. I followed the directions posted, no codes, just "done". Disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and started the jeep up; no Check Engine Light. I took a couple of test drives and the Check Engine Light is still off. Thanks for saving me some $$$ and time. :clap2:

WJCO

Meme King
Yesterday I got the Check Engine Light. I am glad my local mechanic was closed. Of course the Jeep Owners Manual was of no help. I followed the directions posted, no codes, just "done". Disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and started the jeep up; no Check Engine Light. I took a couple of test drives and the Check Engine Light is still off. Thanks for saving me some $$$ and time. :clap2:

If it was a hard code, light will come back on soon or would have already. If it doesn't, you're fine. It could be something as simple as a loose gas cap. You can also go to Autozone or Oreillys and they will scan OBDII engine codes for free.

09Rubic0n

Any ideas would be very helpful

:beer:, I have these codes which specify a small emissions leak, any ideas of where I could possibly find a common leak in the emission system.

image.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
:beer:, I have these codes which specify a small emissions leak, any ideas of where I could possibly find a common leak in the emission system.

Welcome to WAL.

Make sure your gas cap is tight. If it is and codes persist after clearing, replace the cap. Clear your AlGore codes and see if they come back. That's the easy way to diagnose it.

The proper and more expensive way is to run your tank down to half way, take it to the dealer and have them smoke test it for you. That will find the leak.

If it were me, I would start with the gas cap.

Top Bottom