Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49
  1. #21
    -
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Richmond, Ky
    Posts
    4,105
    Cool. Ill try a few things once the wifff gets home. Ill let you know if it goes away. Tks for the input

  2. #22
    -
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Richmond, Ky
    Posts
    4,105
    Quote Originally Posted by SFNick View Post
    I would check your battery connections. If it was do to a lose connection. It should clear it self after awhile.
    So i walked up to the jeep, armed with my wayalife book of knowledge. Must have scared the thrown code into submission. Went away on its own. Lol

  3. #23
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    7
    I'm throwing c1210 which causes my abs as well as my esp and traction control to turn off. And all three of those light up on my dashboard. All help would be appreciated thanks

  4. #24
    Been Around the Block Dean454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    UT
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by OneCrazyFuq View Post
    I'm throwing c1210 which causes my abs as well as my esp and traction control to turn off. And all three of those light up on my dashboard. All help would be appreciated thanks
    I just dealt with that. For me my driver side rear abs sensor was bad. Just popped in a new one

  5. #25
    Fresh Catch Caretaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Woodway, Tx
    Posts
    14

    P0958 Code

    I didn't see the code my Jeep threw along with P0133 O2 Sensor code, P0958. It took a while, but it turns out that P0958 will always remain in a ‘Pending’ status on the ECM since the transmission installed during my Hemi conversion was designed for a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 5.7L Hemi with an automatic transmission that has a manually controlled shifter mechanism which allows the driver to ‘toggle’ through the transmission gears selectively. Since the JKU transmission does not have this capability, the computer is looking for a circuit that isn’t there. This won’t throw the ‘Check Engine’ light on, however. But, when another DTC is generated, the P0958 code will always be presented with the other code(s). In other words, disregard it.

  6. #26
    Fresh Catch Caretaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Woodway, Tx
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Caretaker View Post
    I didn't see the code my Jeep threw along with P0133 O2 Sensor code, P0958. It took a while, but it turns out that P0958 will always remain in a ‘Pending’ status on the ECM since the transmission installed during my Hemi conversion was designed for a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 5.7L Hemi with an automatic transmission that has a manually controlled shifter mechanism which allows the driver to ‘toggle’ through the transmission gears selectively. Since the JKU transmission does not have this capability, the computer is looking for a circuit that isn’t there. This won’t throw the ‘Check Engine’ light on, however. But, when another DTC is generated, the P0958 code will always be presented with the other code(s). In other words, disregard it.
    Left out what the code means. P0958 = Auto Shift Manual Control Circuit Hi

  7. #27
    Been Around the Block stweasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    399

    ESP and Throttle Control lights

    While driving to Death Valley this morning my ESP and electronic throttle control light came on at the same time. The throttle response became a bit "jerky" I stopped and turned off the Jeep. When I restarted the jeep a few minutes later the lights were off and the Jeep ran fine. I drove into Pahrump and stopped at the AutoZone to have them read the codes and they were clear. Is this a weird anomaly or something I should have checked out by a proffesional?
    Last edited by stweasel; 03-22-2015 at 04:01 AM.
    My ability to modify my Jeep is deciding where to add the desert pin striping

  8. #28
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    22,205
    Quote Originally Posted by stweasel View Post
    While driving to Death Valley this morning my ESP and electronic throttle control light came on at the same time. The throttle response became a bit "jerky" I stopped and turned off the Jeep. When I restarted the jeep a few minutes later the lights were off and the Jeep ran fine. I drove into Pahrump and stopped at the AutoZone to have them read the codes and they were clear. Is this a weird anomaly or something I should have checked out by a proffesional?
    Was it windy? Was the steering wheel not centered for a period of time? That's why.
    2012 Jeep Wrangler

  9. #29
    Been Around the Block stweasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Was it windy? Was the steering wheel not centered for a period of time? That's why.
    Yes it was windy, I was just coming up a mountain pass. I'm glad it isnt somethig serious. Thanks!
    My ability to modify my Jeep is deciding where to add the desert pin striping

  10. #30
    Knows a Thing or Two ScoobyCarolanNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    761
    Same thing. Mines a CPO, so off to the dealer on Monday.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •