Trimming Fender liners

TennJK

I have a question for those who had to trim their fender liners. Is there a best way to do it? Any recommendations? I need some advice because I don't to butcher this lol. Also pictures would be awesome too! Thanks guys

Take your time, plan out the cuts with tape, then go to town.

^ Yep! I cut with them attached. In the rear, you can then just rip the whole liner out. In the front, I then took the outer fender off, trimmed down the inner fender support and liner and re-attached the outer.

TennJK

Thanks guys for the quick reply. I am going to save that link for when I can get some time to start cutting. I appreciate it! I will try to post some progress and after pics!

jkodak

This is really a simple upgrade. You will understand once you cut one. I would recommend starting with the rear fenders. And remember, you can always cut them more than once. So trim some and see if you like it. If you prefer them more trimmed, trim them again until you get the desired look you want. I used an electric sawzall to trim mine and then used an orbital palm sander to clean up some of the rough edges. Good luck.

I like a plastic wheel on a dremel tool. Then scrape both sides of the cut with the edge of a file. It makes the cuts really smooth. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448934543.094250.jpg

I know your looking for liners but that's how I did my fenders and you can see the edge I'm talking about.

Clark Collins

when you trim the liners for the front fenders make sure you leave them extending from the well far enough to prevent mud from packing into the gap between the front quarter panels and whatever you call the metal behind them. I trimmed mine to narrow to cover that gap and had to cover it with landscape edging so mud didn't pack in there and create a rust problem. When you pull the liners out, look toward the back in the wheel well and you will see the gap I'm talking about. Attached is a photo showing where I attached the edging to cover the gap.

DSCF2640 (800x450).jpg d

Top Bottom