Does my TJ have a lift?

dtch

Bought from a used car dealership, it came with 31x10.5s on it and looks like there's room to move up to 33s.

From the top of the tread to the bottom of the fender flare, there's 4.5" of space. It looks, to me, to have a 2" lift but I'm not certain.

1204150822.jpg
1204150822a.jpg

Also, first post.

/wave

edit Here are some high-res images.

Last edited:

Jiffy05

Probably just a side effect of the bigger tires?

It could be. If I wasnt at work I would get a pic of my tj when it was on 31's and it would be a good comparison. Its also hard to tell from the pic being from the side like that to tell if anything was done to the jeep.

dtch

It could be. If I wasnt at work I would get a pic of my tj when it was on 31's and it would be a good comparison. Its also hard to tell from the pic being from the side like that to tell if anything was done to the jeep.

What would be a good angle? I've looked at other stock jeeps and it seems to be taller. But, again, might just be the tires.

jeepster95

check to see if you have coil spring spacers either above the coil or below thats what it looks like unless the springs have been replaced with a 2" longer. aka budget boost, it looks to be up a couple inches you will be able to put 33" on but turning radius will suffer unless you get different rims. IMG_4512.jpg
my daughters with 2" spacers and 33" tires on stock wheels

dtch

check to see if you have coil spring spacers either above the coil or below thats what it looks like unless the springs have been replaced with a 2" longer. aka budget boost, it looks to be up a couple inches you will be able to put 33" on but turning radius will suffer unless you get different rims.
my daughters with 2" spacers and 33" tires on stock wheels

I'm going to be going with 33x10.5 when these run out. I'll also be getting new wheels with 3.75" BS so turning radius isn't an issue (even with 12.5" wide tires).

There are no spacers, so perhaps a PO did put in a budget boost?

jamesrw30

This may or may not help but this was my TJ on a 2 inch body lift and 31's. I say yours does look to have some kind of 2 inch lift.

General Jelly

2 inch coil spacer lift with 1.5 inch wheel spacers,waiting for some other items to arrive from the states........with 33 inch tyres on 16 inch rims

Attachments

• IMG_20151129_124302 (1).jpg
    IMG_20151129_124302 (1).jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Petzl88

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449256955.197050.jpg

This is for a JK keep in mind, but try to find a similar picture for the TJ with measurements online.

Top Bottom