GraniteCrystal build thread

GraniteCrystal

Resurrecting the pump

I bought a cheap compressor to air up my tires with off Amazon on Black Friday. It lasted me a (predictably) one entire fill up for all 4 tires before overheating and crapping out on the last tire just as it reach full pressure.

Here is the last time it was in use:
IMG_20160611_155226.jpg

I had a hunch that the compressor was probably ok and it was the cheap electronics that fried. So, I started disassembling it. Took the whole thing part, cut off all the busted electronics, wired up the power cord straight to the compressor, and what do you know...it works just fine.

Here are the parts I took off:
IMG_20160923_165939.jpg

I bought a switch for $3.99 from Lowes and wired that in so I can still control it:
IMG_20160923_163647.jpg

Here is the finished product:
IMG_20160923_165928.jpg

Maybe it'll last me through one more round of filling up my tires ;)

GraniteCrystal

Been noticing a squeaky, creaky type of sound coming from driver's rear tire area. Got it out in the driveway today and checked every bolt I could get my hands on before finding the upper bolt on the sway bar link was loose. Tightened it back up to 75ft-lb. Took it for a drive and I think we're good to go. Fingers crossed that was the issue.

1475451919749.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Been noticing a squeaky, creaky type of sound coming from driver's rear tire area. Got it out in the driveway today and checked every bolt I could get my hands on before finding the upper bolt on the sway bar link was loose. Tightened it back up to 75ft-lb. Took it for a drive and I think we're good to go. Fingers crossed that was the issue.

View attachment 225356

tracking down a squeak is no easy task. great work in finding it. I have one right now i can't locate. got it after i got my ball joints done.

I had a ridiculous clunking noise for awhile and it turned out to be the sway bar link was loose and it happens every now and then even after re torquing! Glad it wasn't anything serious [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

tracking down a squeak is no easy task. great work in finding it. I have one right now i can't locate. got it after i got my ball joints done.
No kidding. I thought about mounting a GoPro or cell phone back there to record while I drive and try to figure it out.
I had a ridiculous clunking noise for awhile and it turned out to be the sway bar link was loose and it happens every now and then even after re torquing! Glad it wasn't anything serious [emoji106]

Hmm. Good to know. Can you put some blue lok-tite on it?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

Nice shots! Any property issues?
None. Only stopped driving due to snow covering the road. Hiked the last 3/4 mile up to the summit. Lots of people doing all 4 14ers in the line (Democrat, Bross, Lincoln, and the other one) and everyone went up to the summit of Bross. No private property signs or anything along the road.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

GraniteCrystal

Lamest build update ever, but I just opened a new savings account to start putting away little amounts here and there to save for 37s. It's gonna take a while but we're gonna get there. Hoping before next summer so we can enjoy them all summer long.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Lamest build update ever, but I just opened a new savings account to start putting away little amounts here and there to save for 37s. It's gonna take a while but we're gonna get there. Hoping before next summer so we can enjoy them all summer long.

Best way to upgrade GC. I only pay cash for my upgrades. Some of them take awhile, but it builds up the anticipation for new parts like waiting for Christmas!

WJCO

Meme King
Agreed. Debt weighs you down. Congrats on owning them free and clear when you do. Don't forget the gussets too.

BamBamDeer

I have enjoyed following along and look forward to what's next. Thanks for sharing with everyone!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

Agreed. Debt weighs you down. Congrats on owning them free and clear when you do. Don't forget the gussets too.

Best way to upgrade GC. I only pay cash for my upgrades. Some of them take awhile, but it builds up the anticipation for new parts like waiting for Christmas!

Not lame at all!

Thanks guys. I appreciate the encouragement.

Total list for next phase:
4" EVO Enforcer or 3.5" JSpec lift
C gussets
5.13 gears
1350 front driveshaft
37x12.5xR17 tires
Fender chop
Drag link flip
Programmer

We got some saving to do...