How do you transport your Jeep Cross country?

Jitsujeeper

Over 130k on mine. Many of it is from driving from Sparta, NJ to my homes in Charleston, SC and Bolton Landing, NY. 2400 miles a pop on a 3.5 x factor and 35s..
Go for it.

10abadilla/jk

Drive or tow?

I'm one of the lucky one who gets to put miles and miles on my jk when I drive to wheeling locations. Which is kind of a bummer for the fact that I have to take it easy because I usually have a 3-5 hour drive back home. Most trails are around that time frame away. I was posting this to see how many also drive Their rigs out there and wheel and how many tow. And if you do drive it out there how do you normally deal with carnage or any breaks along the trail?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ddays

Hooked
I originally intended to trailer my rig around but instead focused on building it sturdy enough that I could drive it back & forth on trips instead. So far so good. Been to Utah twice this year & no issues. Gas is cheap so that's a bonus. I say drive.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Drive it. I did, from Madison, MS. Pulled out the back seat of my old 2 door, and the wife and I took off.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471974892.064899.jpg

OhNoTheJiggies

But for now, we have driven it. Last trip was from Tampa to Virginia with 35s. Haven't done a trip with 37s yet... Well I drove it from Tampa to Mississippi and back twice on 37s but it wasn't for wheelin.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I drove mine from NC to Rausch Creek in PA. That was the longest trip from home to go wheeling and of course I broke something. It wasn't on the trail, but happened on the way home. Thankfully made it home, but the damage was expensive and now makes me a little nervous venturing too far from home without a backup plan.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
I drove mine from NC to Rausch Creek in PA. That was the longest trip from home to go wheeling and of course I broke something. It wasn't on the trail, but happened on the way home. Thankfully made it home, but the damage was expensive and now makes me a little nervous venturing too far from home without a backup plan.

just the driving alone from Central PA to Wilmington NC (gf lives down there) scares me enough ill break something!

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
just the driving alone from Central PA to Wilmington NC (gf lives down there) scares me enough ill break something!

Haha, yeah it's a haul. I do it a few times a year to visit my in-laws but we take the wife's Acura for that.

But taking the Jeep out on the beaches here is a lot safer than the rocks of RC.

Shantz

Drove cross country from L.A. to Penn State for homecoming and back again... made the trip in 10 days. Stopped in Moab for a quickie on the way out and the Million Dollar Highway on the way home.

Best driving cross country vehicle I've ever owned... 35's with all the fixins.

Attachments

• 1472012960415.jpg
    1472012960415.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 1472013285730.jpg
    1472013285730.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 1472013332956.jpg
    1472013332956.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 66
Top Bottom