Check Out the NEW 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rendering - What do you Think?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Allpar has just posted up a new rendering of what the 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler might look like and apparently, it's based on sources they have that has seen "the real deal". As you will see, the JL Wrangler looks like it will have a windshield that is angled back more and doesn't fold down, will come with a front grill that is sloped back and have a bend in it and come with a full width bumper much like what you see on European JK Wranglers now. Check it out...

allpar.jpg

rendering.jpg

You can see the article here:
http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2015/12/inside-the-wrangler-rendering-30863

Would love to know what you all think of it :yup:

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
My humble thoughts are that I am glad I am getting a 2016 JK before they are all gone. Yes, those changes seem somewhat minor, but it seems to be moving in the direction of a road vehicle instead of an off-road vehicle. The bumper to me just seems ugly and would make modifications more difficult.

Wethy

My humble thoughts are that I am glad I am getting a 2016 JK before they are all gone. Yes, those changes seem somewhat minor, but it seems to be moving in the direction of a road vehicle instead of an off-road vehicle. The bumper to me just seems ugly and would make modifications more difficult.

It looks like the European style bumper from what I can tell but your right seeing the renders makes me think I should think long and hard about trading/selling my 14 in 2017 before the new version is officially released lol

Ddays

Hooked
Honestly I was worried that the JL would be a lot more different than the JK's therefore making the styling seem dated. There really isn't that much of a difference
here. I'd be sure to rip the front bumper off first though. :icon_crazy:

Wethy

Honestly I was worried that the JL would be a lot more different than the JK's therefore making the styling seem dated. There really isn't that much of a difference

Agreed out if all the renders I've seen this is by far the nicest. And I could live with this design lol and keeps the removable top features which I like

Petzl88

I don't like that at all. Look at the difference in profile from the TJ to the JK and then this? Not a fan. I like the TJ profile better than the JK, but the JK is way better than this!

KICKROX

Wow, did they replace their design team for the future vehicles? First the Back Country with its ugly graphics, and now this one.. the changes are not ones that I like. IMO

I agree, I was concerned the JL would eventually make the JK look dated but now, not so much. We knew the windshield would see some changes, and the rumors About more aerodynamic bumber were widespread. That bumper is "too smart by half" and will be seen almost exclusively on jeeps at youth soccer game parking lots ;)

Sessoms14X

Not a fan of it, but that's how I felt about the JK when it first came out. It'll just take me some time to get used to. Definitely not a fan of the euro style bumper though.

NotAllWhoWander

if that is what it looks like, i am glad i got my 2016. heck, i am glad ingot it either way. but I definitely don't like the looks of the grill and bumper on that rendering.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I was concerned that the designers would instantaneously date the JK by somehow serving some sort of "groundbreaking" design that kept the rugged good looks while adding improved aerodynamics. Though None of us don't know the off-road capability of the production version or interior design, this rendering doesn't look all that different. In fact, an untrained eye might actually think it's a JK.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I was concerned that the designers would instantaneously date the JK by somehow serving some sort of "groundbreaking" design that kept the rugged good looks while adding improved aerodynamics. Though None of us don't know the off-road capability of the production version or interior design, this rendering doesn't look all that different. In fact, an untrained eye might actually think it's a JK.

Exactly what I was hoping,

Drastic Changes...

dchew

Caught the Bug
Those door insets are screaming for some wood veneer. I predict a run on WOODY license plates.

Top Bottom