North Carolina Jeepers

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Checking in from a little suburb of Raleigh, Holly Springs.

For anyone who hasn't taken their Jeep out on the beach at OBX, you should definitely add it to your bucket list and make a day of it. That was my second-ever offroad trip.

attachmentD9RUFP36.jpg

kfchris

Technically I live in SC but most of my daily life is in Charlotte so I'm basically an NC guy. There's a DPG saturday in Feb coming up for those in the general area. I was going to head out and stretch my JK a little to see what it can do totally stock.

Last edited:

swampdog

Technically I live in SC but most of my daily life is in Charlotte so I'm basically an NC guy. There's a DPG saturday in Feb coming up for those in the general area. I was going to head out and stretch my JK a little to see what it can do totally stock.

DPG? Elaborate please

kfchris

devils playground. I believe it's on the way to asheboro?
NC4x4 is the site I found it on. I went a few years ago when I had my XJ and it's a great place. privately owned land and they occasionally open up to the public. It's a great time there. full day with competition on the giant rock formation and some challenging obstacles. good to both spectate and participate in.

ItsTTime

Page Road

Has anybody done the trail off of Page Rd/I-40 exit? Looks like an utility path of some kind but always see Jeepers turning that way.

ItsTTime

Yes thats it - don't know how tough it is and if my stock Jeep and novice offroad driver can handle it. Every Jeep I've seen on that has been lifted.

ScoobyCarolanNC

You mean this place? https://goo.gl/maps/jC2TLUJ3Q1F2
I've never noticed it, but there sure are some well defined trails back there, judging from the overhead view.

Yes thats it - don't know how tough it is and if my stock Jeep and novice offroad driver can handle it. Every Jeep I've seen on that has been lifted.

This is in the triangle? I'll hit it up with you after it dries up a bit. I'm rolling pretty much stock too, just 11" 32s

epetry

This is in the triangle? I'll hit it up with you after it dries up a bit. I'm rolling pretty much stock too, just 11" 32s

Yeah it's in the triangle, I have Been there before, just a bunch of mud holes. But still fun for being so close. I pretty sure it's illegal though. Hit me up if you ever want to go.

boostdtalon

Just swinging by to say howdy to all my NC people. I don't live there anymore, but it will always be home to me. I'm originally from Mount Airy. Now I'm out here in Seahawks territory (WA).

Top Bottom