May 2016 OBX ride

reelsilly

Have heard about it but have never been. From what I understand, it's fairly "cliquey" and a lot of folks feel left out. I can't say for sure on that though.

As far as the ride I'm trying to get together, I have heard back from one of the Inns there. I almost fell in the floor when they told me $211.00 a night per room, plus tax and a fee of 6.00. They offered 15% off if I pre booked 10 rooms... WOW, AND THIS IS OFF SEASON STILL. I'm looking into a few other options further south on the OBX though. It will be a bit of a drive to the 4x4 part of the beach but will save a lot of money.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Brent McCartney- please read the faqs regarding posting up direct links to events like this.

I removed the link.

Last edited:

Brent McCartney

Have heard about it but have never been. From what I understand, it's fairly "cliquey" and a lot of folks feel left out. I can't say for sure on that though.

As far as the ride I'm trying to get together, I have heard back from one of the Inns there. I almost fell in the floor when they told me $211.00 a night per room, plus tax and a fee of 6.00. They offered 15% off if I pre booked 10 rooms... WOW, AND THIS IS OFF SEASON STILL. I'm looking into a few other options further south on the OBX though. It will be a bit of a drive to the 4x4 part of the beach but will save a lot of money.

Thanks for the info, i saw it and thought matbe. OBX is definitely expensive as compared to some other areas. It will be a fun trip regardless.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Follow the speed limit on the beach (even if it's not posted)...county revenue maker for sure.

It's a great time though!

reelsilly

I'm looking at a few "less specialized" places to stay maybe in Kitty Hawk or Kill Devil Hills. Something close to Whale Bone Junction but not so far from Corolla. I'm trying to stay North of Bodie Island Light House.

I will keep everyone posted

reelsilly

Well, it looks like this trip will have to be postponed. These last two storms have devastated the beaches and washed large portions of it away. It's likely, as has been relayed to me, that the beaches will be closed to driving until the end of May.

If something changes, I will let everyone know.

reelsilly

I sure will. The got hammered again today with wind and snow. Suppose to get another round of the same on Monday

reelsilly

I'm hoping the beaches will open back up before the dates I planned. I'm not holding my breath though. If anything, we can get together and just ride Hwy 12 down to Hatteras or something.

Top Bottom