Maybe a Jeep Truck Really is Coming....

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I really doubt it'll be like the truck pictured. They just used a stock photo much like the picture of the jk8. Although it could be some design cues from it. Like the extended frame behind the rear wheels

I'd be willing to bet it will look like the AEV Brute's cousin. Four doors and a decent size bed but significantly longer than the JKU.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just read an article on Autoblog and it looks like they are confirming what Allpar said yesterday or should I say, they are confirming what the Detroit News said and that is a "Wrangler-based truck is expected to arrive in 2017, sometime after the launch of the next Wrangler. And it'll be built in Toledo next to its sibling." Of course, to give the article more weight, they made sure to throw in a quote that Jeep CEO Mike Manley made back in 2011 like it's somehow relevant today. Anyway, here's a clip out of the article in question.

Finally. In 2011 Jeep CEO Mike Manley said, "It is too late in Wrangler's product cycle to add a pickup. The 2015 or 2016 time frame makes more sense," when the next-generation Wrangler is due. A year later, Manley told an Australian outlet that a decision on a Jeep with a bed would come "pretty soon." Now, The Detroit News reports that the decision has been made, and it's a "Yes."A Wrangler-based truck is expected to arrive in 2017, sometime after the launch of the next Wrangler. And it'll be built in Toledo next to its sibling.

Those desperate for a carry-all Wrangler have been able to buy Mopar's JK8 conversion kit for the past four years. Frankly, even though the Jeep Gladiator concept (pictured) is now 11 years old and the JT concept is nine years old, we think either one of them could roll off the line in a year and be welcomed with hosannas.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/01/12/jeep-pickup-confirmed-report/

Top Bottom