Dynatrac ProGRIP brake install/review

uberc4

Great write up/review! Cannot wait to get a pair of these for my jeep too. Curious to know of the lifespan as well?

spicoli

What size wheels you running? 17 or 16inch?

This is a kit I want to get in the near future. Great write up and pictures.

rinkishjk

What size wheels you running? 17 or 16inch?

This is a kit I want to get in the near future. Great write up and pictures.

I forgot to mention that. These are 17" level 8 tracker wheels. I can definitely tell u any smaller diameter, and the brakes will not fit.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
That's for the write up! I may forego a standard brake replacement and go with these.

This may be a question for dynatrac, but is there an expected life of the rotor and pads in this kit? Also, do they offer replacement pads and rotors for the future when the originals wear out?

I've been running the ProGrip since they came out a year ago. I've put about 10,000 miles on them. Seem to be wearing well with a little more than half of the wear left on the pad (sorry, couldn't get a good picture). I will let you know when I have to replace the pads. I'm pretty hard on brakes and had replaced my stock pads about every 15,000 miles.

Dynatrac does sell the pads separately but I think you have to call them directly for them (I asked when I purchased mine)

Caretaker

Just installed the Dyantrac ProGrip Brake Kit on my JKUR, and couldn't agree more about how well the brakes work now. Well worth the price. Eddie's video and these pics were a big help in completing the install. However, I guess I'm unfortunate in that I'm running AEV Pintler wheels, and the clearance is so tight, all the balancing weights were knocked off, front and rear. Seems they clear in these pic, though, on this particular wheel. Took it to Discount Tire to see if they had an alternative. No luck. Maybe I'm just not going to the right place. Any ideas on balancing? I'm running 35" Toyos, not that it matters.

Heholua

Just installed the Dyantrac ProGrip Brake Kit on my JKUR, and couldn't agree more about how well the brakes work now. Well worth the price. Eddie's video and these pics were a big help in completing the install. However, I guess I'm unfortunate in that I'm running AEV Pintler wheels, and the clearance is so tight, all the balancing weights were knocked off, front and rear. Seems they clear in these pic, though, on this particular wheel. Took it to Discount Tire to see if they had an alternative. No luck. Maybe I'm just not going to the right place. Any ideas on balancing? I'm running 35" Toyos, not that it matters.

Maybe some balancing beads?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

They just don't have enough backspacing to clear the weights. You could do a static balance and have the weights on the outside as an alternative

Caretaker

They just don't have enough backspacing to clear the weights. You could do a static balance and have the weights on the outside as an alternative

True, but figured they'd get knocked off in the rocks, which is primarily how I use mine. I've got all kinds of rash now, and one split rim. Thanks, though.

JoeB-JKURX

Too close for comfort

I forgot to mention that. These are 17" level 8 tracker wheels. I can definitely tell u any smaller diameter, and the brakes will not fit.

Any relative motion between the caliper/bracket and the wheel would cause a mess (IMO). I've got similar Level 8 wheels and would be hesitant to install something with such a small clearance to the balancing weights.

Benito

Caught the Bug
I believe wayolife is running these with atx chamber pros, is this correct? Are there any clearance issues with the chamber pros or the slabs?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I believe wayolife is running these with atx chamber pros, is this correct? Are there any clearance issues with the chamber pros or the slabs?

Yes he is and I'm gonna say no because of how much back spacing is on both of those wheels. I know on my chamber pro's my stock calipers are barely in the wheel well

Top Bottom