Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Napalm, do you have any plans to trim the rear ends of the HR rails? I think in the spring I'm going to trim mine back to the weld where they protrude into the rear wheel well.

USMC Wrangler

Despite this weather, I'm loving Steel's new top and HR rails.
View attachment 239272

In search of a new rear window for my soft top, this ones pretty beat up!

Keep your eye on Amazon Warehouse for these. There have been a few sets (all three windows by Bestop) on there, open box but undamaged, for around $150-$160 range. That's what I got when I discovered the X cut in my rear soft top window. All I see are two door versions on there right now and they are about $100 more for some reason.

Napalm

Steel is fixing to celebrate her 1st birthday on Sunday, so I wanted to her to be as clean as she was when she came off the show room floor. Gave her a wash at the station.
IMG_1549.jpg
After the wash, I pulled her in and put on a coat of Turtle Wax as well as 303 every single plastic piece on the inside and outside as well as the new soft top.
IMG_1550.jpg
IMG_1553.jpg
One last photo with no edits, effects, just a raw photo to show off the finish and shine. Steel is sleeping inside with the fire trucks tonight. :)
IMG_1554.jpg

Keep your eye on Amazon Warehouse for these. There have been a few sets (all three windows by Bestop) on there, open box but undamaged, for around $150-$160 range. That's what I got when I discovered the X cut in my rear soft top window. All I see are two door versions on there right now and they are about $100 more for some reason.

I found a new back window on Craigslist from a dude that purchased the set and only needed the two sides. Only $75 bucks and I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow so hopefully it is a little better :)

lookin good nate , like the red decals :thumb:

Thanks brotha! Glad to be done with mods for a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Steel is fixing to celebrate her 1st birthday on Sunday, so I wanted to her to be as clean as she was when she came off the show room floor. Gave her a wash at the station.
View attachment 239645
After the wash, I pulled her in and put on a coat of Turtle Wax as well as 303 every single plastic piece on the inside and outside as well as the new soft top.
View attachment 239646
View attachment 239647
One last photo with no edits, effects, just a raw photo to show off the finish and shine. Steel is sleeping inside with the fire trucks tonight. :)
View attachment 239648

I found a new back window on Craigslist from a dude that purchased the set and only needed the two sides. Only $75 bucks and I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow so hopefully it is a little better :)

Thanks brotha! Glad to be done with mods for a little bit.

Looking good brother!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Awesome shots of your rig - looking sharp!
Also, good find on the rear window :thumb:

Napalm

I got Steels new rear window today, pulled it out of the box to let the material relax a bit. It isn't brand new, but it's much better than the one I was working with. :) IMG_1561.jpg
I pulled off the old window, and set it out for a side by side comparison. Thanks to the sun, you can somewhat see the rubbing damage that made me want to get another rear window. IMG_1560.jpg
After a few minutes in the sunlight, I got the new window zipped in. Still needs some stretching, but I'm very happy with the swap. :)
IMG_1562.jpg

Next mod: SpiderTrax Spacers!

Sounds like a good find on the window. Steel looks great as usual! [emoji106]

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Thanks brotha!

Looking good brother!

Thanks man! I appreciate your input on the Mopar Enhanced rails as well as Bohica's build thread inspiring me to get a standard soft top. :)

Looking good as usual! Nice find on the back window. Hopefully it's cleaner than your current!

Thanks Mike. Lucky for me, it was!

We need to get Steel on some trails now the phase 1 is complete.

Yes sir. I've been discussing with Kyle the possibility of a spring 2 day Barnwell Run. I'm trying to get some work dates figured out before I finalize plans and post up a thread.

Awesome shots of your rig - looking sharp!
Also, good find on the rear window :thumb:

Thanks Eddie! I looked for quite a bit and it seemed that all I could find was the full window sets for just south of $300. I found this "lightly" used one on CL for $75 bucks and figured it was worth it. Looks a lot better than my last one, so I'm happy :)

Nathan Steel looks amazing Happy Birthday Steel

Thanks David!

As usual I love the pics you take of steel! Also nice score on the backwondow

Thanks Steve. Can't wait to see knuckles on 37s!

Napalm

Happy birthday Steel! :)

January 22nd, 2016
IMG_1568.JPG

And here we are, one year later. The build is much more than I planned it to be, and just perfect for what I need/want. Very happy with the looks and performance. Great sunrise this morning, couldn't pick just one photo. :)

IMG_1564.jpg
IMG_1565.jpg
IMG_1563.jpg
IMG_1567.jpg

Top Bottom