Flame "Fire Engine" Red Rubicon 2 Door Build

Couple updates. After our death valley trip we discovered that when the trailer was at camp and we were jk'ing about. Come lunch time nothing was there to make our lunch on. Doh!!. Problem solved. Another thing. Jeep has finally got a name. Clifford the, was little but has grown bigger, red jeep. :) 20170326_094359.jpg 20170326_094457.jpg 20170326_094329.jpg

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Haven't noticed your thread before, lots of good stuff in here. Love the Death Valley trip. I really like the trailers as that is on my purchase agenda down the road. Death Valley is also a destination I find more and more interesting as members like you post their trips about it. I will have to join a group going there one day once I have all the equipment especially since it's really not all that far from me. Clifford is coming along nicely!

Haven't noticed your thread before, lots of good stuff in here. Love the Death Valley trip. I really like the trailers as that is on my purchase agenda down the road. Death Valley is also a destination I find more and more interesting as members like you post their trips about it. I will have to join a group going there one day once I have all the equipment especially since it's really not all that far from me. Clifford is coming along nicely!
Thanks for the visit and compliment. Appreciate that. 👍

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
That trailer is awesome. I'm hoping to build something alike soon. I thought about putting a roof top tent, well.. on the roof, but hate having to pack everything up every time you head out onto the trails (if you're camping at the same spot multiple nights).

The Jeep looks good too :thumb:

That trailer is awesome. I'm hoping to build something alike soon. I thought about putting a roof top tent, well.. on the roof, but hate having to pack everything up every time you head out onto the trails (if you're camping at the same spot multiple nights).

The Jeep looks good too :thumb:
Yeah one of my buddies has a jk8 and the tent on the rack. Every time we left camp he had to do the teardown before he could go. After the trip he ordered a trailer like mine.

Another add on right before summer. Always wanted to try the soft doors. Got a good deal on a set of bestop ones this winter and finally got them on this weekend. So easy to grab, pull em and toss em in the back. 20170529_153200.jpg

Another add on right before summer. Always wanted to try the soft doors. Got a good deal on a set of bestop ones this winter and finally got them on this weekend. So easy to grab, pull em and toss em in the back. View attachment 261041
Nice! I've been on the look out for the same doors. How do you like Them? Enjoy the freedom of like you say...pull them and toss them in the back. Very cool.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice! I've been on the look out for the same doors. How do you like Them? Enjoy the freedom of like you say...pull them and toss them in the back. Very cool.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using WAYALIFE mobile app
Honestly haven't driven with them yet. I've heard of mixed issues with them. I guess we shall see. I bent the uppers inward slightly to get a good deal on the door surrounds. Some little gaps on the bottom of the door. I got all the adjustment I could out of them with being able to close the door. Better having these doorlees than no protection at all if a rain shower or two show up. I'll let you know though.

Finally got around to replace the rear faded neoprene seat cover. Matched with the front now. Coverking leatherette seat cover. Looks complete now. 20170613_081230.jpg

Update. Jeep has been leaking sometimes. Decided to pull all the carpets. No rust- yet- underneath. Within a couple months I'm gonna have line-x done. Will make it so much easier to clean and not have too deal with wet smelly carpets. Since I have a soft top I've noticed no increase in noise. Minute amount of heat radiates from the bare metal. Another good mod for me.
e854441cca5e513a1cdd8e94551042fa.jpg
d2817d307a5e4b30fc316c905da40276.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Update. Jeep has been leaking sometimes. Decided to pull all the carpets. No rust- yet- underneath. Within a couple months I'm gonna have line-x done. Will make it so much easier to clean and not have too deal with wet smelly carpets. Since I have a soft top I've noticed no increase in noise. Minute amount of heat radiates from the bare metal. Another good mod for me.
e854441cca5e513a1cdd8e94551042fa.jpg
d2817d307a5e4b30fc316c905da40276.jpg

We just did bedliner a couple of weeks ago. No noticeable change in noise or temperature. Soft top as well.

Update on my Jeep it is now down at the Linex shop getting the tub sprayed... it'll be gone for almost a week I feel naked without the rig I'll be so glad to get it home and check out the outcome I'll post pics when I get it back.

Sorry for the delay. Got the jeep out of the linex shop. Wow they did a great job on it
I love it. No worries now when water gets on the floorboard. Just pull them drain plugs. I did notice its a bit quieter now than just running no carpet with the painted tub exposed. Very nice. Finishing up putting my stuff back in. 20171215_122158_resized.jpg 20171215_122241_resized.jpg 20171215_122213_resized.jpg 20171215_122227_resized.jpg

Top Bottom