What is this called?

TazoxJK

I have been searching all day to find the part # or name for this white part. It is located behind the glove box and opens and closes for A/C purposes.

Attachments

• 1453783679420.jpg
    1453783679420.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 189

WJCO

Meme King
I'm guessing re-circulation door or a part related to that name. Chances are though, it's part of a housing assy. Most are like that nowadays.

TazoxJK

All I know is that it is what causes that humming noise when you turn your jeep off. It opens half way until jeep is turned back on or the interior circulation button is hit on the console. It's air flow damper of some sort. I belive.

TazoxJK

I got a complete blower assy. Diagram and it doesn't give the part number, for that particular item.

WJCO

Meme King
All I know is that it is what causes that humming noise when you turn your jeep off. It opens half way until jeep is turned back on or the interior circulation button is hit on the console. It's air flow damper of some sort. I belive.

This is probably so recirc mode doesn't stay closed with your vehicle off. If recirc stays closed, you can get mold and weird odors build up in the dash from lack of fresh air if the evap has condensation on it that doesn't fully drain.

Top Bottom