Exploration of the Nightingale Mountains

Kyan

Eddie, thank you for sharing. I really enjoyed it and whished could do the same. I am worried that if I go alone, I will end up like those busses. Take me along next time. I'll bring the birthday cake :)

CUZZIN

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY
I enjoy seeing your adventures with your JEEPS it is a great WAYALIFE you two have.
Life is short / JEEPS will get us there / but WAYALIFE is what we make of it

M38A1Driver

Pulling into a section of trail where you have to climb up large decomposing granite faces.

I hope you enjoyed our exploration trip of the Nightingale Mountains :cool:

Looks like a nice trip. The Tufas are cool and finding the Petroglyphs - AMAZING. For a minute there I thought you were going to have to break out the winch to get through the tumble weeds :D till you broke out the gloves. Great views. Thanks for sharing.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Happy Birthday Cindy :beer::beer:

Thanks for sharing your awesome trip, its crazy how much some of those rocks look like coral.

Great photos and travel log !!! Happy Belated Birthday Cindy !!!! :birthday: Looks like a wonderful day out four wheeling and exploring. Hey Eddie, the old school buses looked like they had holes 'punched' and / or 'ripped' out the sides... what's the assumed story on that?? Forklift moving them around ? Thanks for sharing the great pic's and story!

Wethy

First off Awesome photos, and secondly I just want to say thank you to both Eddie and Cindy, I was showing my girlfriend the pictures in this thread as she likes taking photos on our own adventures and when she saw this picture she immediately said "you need to buy that tire carrier"
So thanks for taking awesome pictures of both jeeps and landscapes and making my life easier when I wanna buy really expensive EVO parts! Ha ha

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454046740.594841.jpg

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Happy belated birthday Cindy!

The tufas are really cool and I love petroglyphs.

The school busses look like they were used for targets on a tank gunnery range based on the larger holes.

Oh and Eddie, there is this system you should use when you are taking pictures. It is called the internet, you should use it to post the pictures. That way we can all see them and enjoy....... Oh wait, never mind.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As usual, awesome job!:thumb: I do have a few questions: (1) Any idea what put the hole in the back of the bus door? (2) Do you have cell service or a way to contact anyone in case of a mechanical issue? And finally, with all these trips in the desert, have you had any close calls with rattlesnakes?:eek:

(1) The holes were created by a bowling ball canon. You can actually see bits of broken bowling balls everywhere. Really lame and frustrating to see but really, it's not as bad as some of the places we've seen over the years. (2) No, there is no service in places like this. We do carry a satellite messaging service just in case. Last but not least, there are no rattle snakes out this time of year. In the times they are out, we have personally had close calls and had ONE incident of a person getting bitten. Not a good thing.

You known if you used just a bit more light and set the aperture on your iPhone for a longer exposure, your photos could look as badass as some self-proclaimed photography experts on here..... Just sayin.

:thumb: Thanks for the tip :rolleyes2: :crazyeyes:

That's a fun looking trip. As a mid-westerner I would love to have my Jeep somewhere like that some day!

Well, with any luck, maybe you'll be able to come visit sometime. :yup:

Eddie, thank you for sharing. I really enjoyed it and whished could do the same. I am worried that if I go alone, I will end up like those busses. Take me along next time. I'll bring the birthday cake :)

:cheesy: We'll definitely have to plan a group run to some of these places.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY
I enjoy seeing your adventures with your JEEPS it is a great WAYALIFE you two have.
Life is short / JEEPS will get us there / but WAYALIFE is what we make of it

Indeed :thumb:

Looks like a nice trip. The Tufas are cool and finding the Petroglyphs - AMAZING. For a minute there I thought you were going to have to break out the winch to get through the tumble weeds :D till you broke out the gloves. Great views. Thanks for sharing.

LOL!! The tumble weeds sucked and if I could have pulled them out without having to touch them, I would have. Damn things are pokey and leave a nasty itchy rash!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great photos and travel log !!! Happy Belated Birthday Cindy !!!! :birthday: Looks like a wonderful day out four wheeling and exploring. Hey Eddie, the old school buses looked like they had holes 'punched' and / or 'ripped' out the sides... what's the assumed story on that?? Forklift moving them around ? Thanks for sharing the great pic's and story!

As I had just mentioned, the holes you see were created by some yahoos who shot it up with a bowling ball cannon. People suck :rolleyes2:

First off Awesome photos, and secondly I just want to say thank you to both Eddie and Cindy, I was showing my girlfriend the pictures in this thread as she likes taking photos on our own adventures and when she saw this picture she immediately said "you need to buy that tire carrier"
So thanks for taking awesome pictures of both jeeps and landscapes and making my life easier when I wanna buy really expensive EVO parts! Ha ha

LOL!! Glad that we could be of assistance to you :D

Happy belated birthday Cindy!

The tufas are really cool and I love petroglyphs.

The school busses look like they were used for targets on a tank gunnery range based on the larger holes.

Oh and Eddie, there is this system you should use when you are taking pictures. It is called the internet, you should use it to post the pictures. That way we can all see them and enjoy....... Oh wait, never mind.

LOL!! There's always that one guy :crazyeyes: :D

SJ21XDC

(1) The holes were created by a bowling ball canon. You can actually see bits of broken bowling balls everywhere. Really lame and frustrating to see but really, it's not as bad as some of the places we've seen over the years. (2) No, there is no service in places like this. We do carry a satellite messaging service just in case. Last but not least, there are no rattle snakes out this time of year. In the times they are out, we have personally had close calls and had ONE incident of a person getting bitten. Not a good thing.

Thanks for the response. "No snakes this time of the year" If I get a chance to come out that way one day - it will be this time of year :cheesy:

Kyan

Eddie thank you for inspiration.
Friend of mine and I went to the same area last Sunday and had a blast.

IMG_2754.jpg

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I can't stop looking at these pics. Absolutely gorgeous mountain views and high desert scenery in northern Nevada.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Happy belated Cindy! Absolutely stellar trip report, and compelling photos! Im not jealous of much, but I would be lying if I didn't admit that I was envious of all you guys that have all this amazing stuff in your backyard. I wish I could just pop out with my daughters for a day of exploring :(

Anyway, Eddie, you mentioned you have a satellite messenger, which unit are you running? Ever have to use it? Happy with it?

benatc1

Hooked
This looks like an awesome day, Im looking at heading out there Sunday and doing some exploring. Any recommendations on the best way to get up there? on a map it looks like head north from Fernley and find a road that head up that way? any suggestions would be great! thank you for sharing this.

Top Bottom