Should I go 35's?

dmpowder

MAC is in need of some new shoes. So I'm trying to decide if it would be a good idea to step up to 35's now or just go with some 265's? I have a 2.5 spacer lift now and I know I will need wheel spacers for 35's as new wheels aren't in the budget right now. 3.8 auto X model.

What do you guys think? My main concern is the front axle taking a beating.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Get the 35's and the spacers. You will regret not getting them. Also get some C gussets. They are cheap insurance

DemCoconuts

If it was me, absolutely. A lot of people run 35's on their D30, and most don't have major issues so long as they are responsible wheeling.

Do you have a want/need for 35's? That's what it really comes down to.

Something else to think about - I'm a fan of steel wheels on the JK. Where I am, a 2 pack of spacers is just about the same price as 2 steel rims with proper back spacing.

explorebc4x4

Absolutely. I went to 35's when I needed new tires. I'm on stock rims with 1 1/2" spacers, 3/4 coil spacers and trimmed flares. Love it! I haven't wheeled it a ton since I put them on but I'm not too worried about it. I'm pretty easy on the skinny pedal. With your 2.5" lift the 35's will make your rig look so good.

projectMMTB

No one has ever been disappointed when they go 35s from a smaller tire.
Do the spacer and 35s and you'll love it.
As far as the axle you'll be fine if it's highway driven. If you wheel at all then as cozdude said, c gussets are easy on the wallet and add some strength.

projectMMTB

I am! I went from a 33 to a 35 and am severely disappointed! I should have went straight to 37s! Lol!

I was gonna say that because that's what happens to everyone! I'm guilty of it too[emoji23] I got a set of 37s that just got to the shop and a rock jock front end on the way!
But 35s are still way better than stock none the less.

dmpowder

I do wheel but not hard on the skinny pedal and no serious rocks.

Sounds like I'll just jump on the 35's.

Thanks fellas!

decoy5657

Help a new guy out; what are the metric dimensions for a 35?

Err, I guess we're in inches at that size: 35x12.5 yes?

Last edited:
Help a new guy out; what are the metric dimensions for a 35?

Err, I guess we're in inches at that size: 35x12.5 yes?

Wait...what? Lol 35x12.5 is inches yes. But it wont actually measure that. More of a reference

Edit: note that there is 25.4 mm in an inch.

Jern26

If you have even the slightest want for 35s, buy them. Because if not, in a few months you'll have new 35s and a barely used set of 33's lol... been kicking myself ever since I made the decision - long story short I'll have 35s this spring haha

dmpowder

I just couldn't swing it financially to go with 35's right now. Tire rack has the Rubicon tires for $136 and my Jeep was at the wear bars.

So I'll just start saving for wheels and tires (37's) then just use my new tires for winter use.

Top Bottom