Illinois Gulch and Hackett Gulch (Colorado) Trail Video

Petzl88

Me and my buddy went out yesterday and fooled around at Rainbow Falls/Illinois Gulch and then drove the long forest road way to Hackett Gulch. We crossed over Rule Ridge and a couple other green trails in Wells' book.

We had a big time! The snow was a foot in places but most all roads had been travelled since the last storm so it wasn't that bad.

We made it to the last hill climb before gaining the ridge on Hackett Gulch and then my buddy couldn't get up it. He is open front and rear. I went first, locked both ends and got right up. He got in a hairy spot and ended up backing/sliding down the hill. I tried to back down a little ways and pull him up. This is not a good idea. I couldn't even get the line taught and I started sliding down too.

I slid probably 25 feet down the hill before stopping. It was one of those "ok, here we go. Yep. There's a tree right there and here comes my first major body damage." The kind of sliding where you are going a constant velocity with no acceleration and you think "not bad, now I'm going to slow down". But then you just start sliding faster.

Well, I had to take a dump anyways so it was better off in my pants. Sorry, no video of me sliding down the hill. It was already late so we called it and headed back to town.

http://youtu.be/WbDpqC5mdiI

WJCO

Meme King
Me and my buddy went out yesterday and fooled around at Rainbow Falls/Illinois Gulch and then drove the long forest road way to Hackett Gulch. We crossed over Rule Ridge and a couple other green trails in Wells' book.

We had a big time! The snow was a foot in places but most all roads had been travelled since the last storm so it wasn't that bad.

We made it to the last hill climb before gaining the ridge on Hackett Gulch and then my buddy couldn't get up it. He is open front and rear. I went first, locked both ends and got right up. He got in a hairy spot and ended up backing/sliding down the hill. I tried to back down a little ways and pull him up. This is not a good idea. I couldn't even get the line taught and I started sliding down too.

I slid probably 25 feet down the hill before stopping. It was one of those "ok, here we go. Yep. There's a tree right there and here comes my first major body damage." The kind of sliding where you are going a constant velocity with no acceleration and you think "not bad, now I'm going to slow down". But then you just start sliding faster.

Well, I had to take a dump anyways so it was better off in my pants. Sorry, no video of me sliding down the hill. It was already late so we called it and headed back to town.

http://youtu.be/WbDpqC5mdiI

Glad you made it out. We had a hill like that about a month ago. Nothing you can do except just wait for the stop.

Top Bottom