The 2017 Great Texas Exodus!

GraniteCrystal

At this point, I have places booked so I'm probably more in the "Going" category than the "Tentative" category. Granite_head, can you update me?

At what point do we limit the number of rigs?

Jackal01

Oh I play it safe as I can. I just worry about myself and doing stupid stuff like that if I had a credit card.

Building your credit score back up sucks. We had great credit and then I quit a job without having another job because it was killing my marriage and me emotionally. We sold off everything we could to stay afloat and paid as much as we could on everything we still had. Never missed a payment but there were times we couldn't make full payments. We were always in contact with everybody and they all knew our situation. The credit score still suffered and it's been fun trying to rebuild it. It's not the greatest now but it's getting a crap load better.

We are also in the process of selling our house that we bought in Oct 2015 because we found something we like better and it has a small shop. We bought ours cheap enough that we should make money and cover any and all costs needed at closing to get into the other one.

So I'm on hold anything credit wise for a bit. Hopefully it goes quick here and I can still get a card and find some rooms. Still need to talk to the wife about it again also. She was for it when this thread started.
Building back DOES suck. I took out a new card just for hip surgery on our GSD. My score took a huge hit since I used like 80% of the max. This was last summer. We have been making huge payments lately so it's jumping back up. Looks like this summer it will be back to where it was. We are also selling our house and we want all our credit cards paid off before we do the official credit check. We too are wanting a smaller house and garage/shop with land. 4 neighbors have sold theirs rather fast and made a hefty profit ao we decided to jump ship as well. Not to mention taxes in our county are the WORST! With all that said I'm gonna place an order right now for DTD, 60/80 and 40s. With a LS on top.

Last edited:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
With all that said I'm gonna place an order right now for DTD, 60/80 and 40s. With a LS on top.

And I hate you. Lol.

Good luck with all of that. I'm definitely jealous. I don't know but possibly thinking 37s might be the end game on the four door. I want a bigger toy that I won't be scared to abuse more. Idk though. We shall see. Maybe some day.

I would definitely daily the jeep on 40s with a 60/80 combo and an LS. So it might happen someday. Lol.

Jackal01

And I hate you. Lol.

Good luck with all of that. I'm definitely jealous. I don't know but possibly thinking 37s might be the end game on the four door. I want a bigger toy that I won't be scared to abuse more. Idk though. We shall see. Maybe some day.

I would definitely daily the jeep on 40s with a 60/80 combo and an LS. So it might happen someday. Lol.
Sarcasm is not picked up well online. None of that is ordered. I need 37s and PR44 for the front before this trip. I am unsure if it will happen in time.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Ouray KOA cabin reserved. You can either call or reserve online and tell them "WAYALIFE" to get grouped with us. Map top left, we are in 62A and Bubba is in 39. 38, 40, 41, 6E, 61, 62B are available.

View attachment 224660

Moab KOA cabin reserved. They do not assign cabins a year out so I don't have a specific one. Map top center, we picked one without a bathroom so K14-K22. We signed up for the card which is gonna pay for itself after this trip and Ouray for sure. Call in and tell them "WAYALIFE" to get grouped together.

Marked down my vacation days! going to start making reservations.

Just for absolute clarity everyone is checking into Ouray on 9/22, checkout 9/25? Check into Moab 9/25, checkout 9/28?

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug

Just for absolute clarity everyone is checking into Ouray on 9/22, checkout 9/25? Check into Moab 9/25, checkout 9/28?

IMG_0078.jpg
Also, dont forget to book one night in NM, unless your just going to make a straight shot to CO.

Jackal01

Yes. But also below. Albuquerque the 21st. We normally just stop at a truck stop to rest so Koa will be nice.
View attachment 238404
Also, dont forget to book one night in NM, unless your just going to make a straight shot to CO.
^^^^^

Benito

Caught the Bug
I have booked Ouray and Moab KOA, mentioned the group hopefully the we'll get placed close to each other!

johansrt8

anyone know a carrier company so i can have two jku's shipped from new york just cant take too many days out of work if i drive from here. this sounds like an epic trip...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Yea. One of the previous posts I explain it but the lady was super friendly and said they will try to make it work. Hopefully that holds true.
Ah, thanks for the heads up :thumb:
anyone know a carrier company so i can have two jku's shipped from new york just cant take too many days out of work if i drive from here. this sounds like an epic trip...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I dont know of any, sorry.
But driving to the location is half the fun!
One of the guys around that area (Cozdude) made the trip out to Moab on one of the big wayalife runs. I think he did say it took him 2 weeks to/from there with a couple days of wheeling. If anything, I would wait for a time you actually CAN take the vacay time. That way you can enjoy and site see, rather than trying to rush and make it back home for work on time.

Top Bottom