The 2017 Great Texas Exodus!

Exodus 4x4

Can't wait for this trip! It's gonna be awesome
You and me both man!
I would love to do this trip, depending on work and condition of the Jeep. Sounds like a lot of fun!
Well stay up to date and let me know if you can.
hmmm would have to take 2 weeks for my bday vacation but I may be able to pull that off without much hassle

I should lock down the date this coming week. I'm going to call a few places and make sure accommodations can be made for the time frame I'm thinking, so don't put that vacation in just yet!

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
You and me both man!

Well stay up to date and let me know if you can.

I should lock down the date this coming week. I'm going to call a few places and make sure accommodations can be made for the time frame I'm thinking, so don't put that vacation in just yet!

Put in for em after first of yr so got time yet as far as I go ... already know taking a week in March for kiamichi trail then bday week leaves me with 2 open

Exodus 4x4

Dates are set: September 21-29, 2017

Not sure everyone has seen this since it was inadvertently deleted by the server issues.

Exodus 4x4

I spoke to KOA in Ouray and they recommend reserving your cabin NOW if you don't want to tent camp. They said tent sites usually aren't as hard to lock down and you can probably hold out a little longer. So you know, they have a great selection of cabins and some accommodate up to 6 so some of you could probably team up and make the most of that. I have reserved a cabin already since I will have my wife and son with me and he'll only be about 16 months at that time.

Remember to reserve for the night of the 22nd , 23rd, and 24th.

Also....

I'm pretty sure most of us will get condos for Moab. Those probably will not be as hard to come by and can wait a little longer to reserve. When I get more details on that I'll pass them on.

For those of you that can reserve a place in Moab now, remember to book for the night of the 25th, 26th, and 27th. The 28th we break camp and head home via New Mexico.

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

Why a condo and not a motel/hotel for moab?

Still running the hard top, so if I decide to drop the top I have a garage to keep it and the doors in. I'm sure others may want to do the same. There's a ton of Airbnb out there to choose from. It's not necessarily the answer for everyone but it's probably what I'll end up doing and splitting it with some friends that are going.

Jackal01

Still running the hard top, so if I decide to drop the top I have a garage to keep it and the doors in. I'm sure others may want to do the same. There's a ton of Airbnb out there to choose from. It's not necessarily the answer for everyone but it's probably what I'll end up doing and splitting it with some friends that are going.
Didn't think about hard top storage. Probably since I don't have one. Good idea for sure.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
So, We can do 6 people to a deluxe cabin, but NO pets. But on a trip like this, I probably will find someone to watch mine. so we need 4 more people@ $60 each for the 22-24th

or If 1 other couple would like to split a smaller cabin with us (sleeps 4) it will be $78.15/person (again, NO pets)

tdougherty81

So, We can do 6 people to a deluxe cabin, but NO pets. But on a trip like this, I probably will find someone to watch mine. so we need 4 more people@ $60 each for the 22-24th

or If 1 other couple would like to split a smaller cabin with us (sleeps 4) it will be $78.15/person (again, NO pets)
Not a bad deal. I will go in. Might just be me though. Wife will not be able to get off and kids in school.

Sent from my SM-N920T using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jackal01

Looking at lodging for Moab. There is a KOA south of downtown Moab (we like to KOA when we don't want to camp or do a hotel)! They have single bed/room cabins and multi bed/room cabins. Looking at the park map there are A LOT of cabins and I would think we would want to be near each other. I am going to reserve today and if I can pick my cabin I will pick one that has vacant ones around. I'll update this post if I can pick one in which case PM me for my cabin number. $78-$173 depending on the cabin. We will be bringing Zero so we need pet friendly and both KOAs are.

I am reserving Ouray today once they open. I want to call and see if we can get grouped together.

Last edited:
Top Bottom