The 2017 Great Texas Exodus!

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Bumping this for some of the new peeps that may not have seen it yet. Haven't nailed down a solid date yet but I'm still leaning towards late September or early October.

i'm a maybe for this trip for sure ....... course if you wind up with a date that has oct 2 I'm a for sure as I take whatever week it falls in off work for my b-day .... :cheesy:

USMC Wrangler

Just checking in. This tentative out-of-stater would buy shirts and hoodies as designed.

In trying to balance the budget between Jeep upgrades and cost of the trip...what's the general consensus about sleeping arrangements?

Jackal01

Just checking in. This tentative out-of-stater would buy shirts and hoodies as designed.

In trying to balance the budget between Jeep upgrades and cost of the trip...what's the general consensus about sleeping arrangements?

Right now I think KOA in Ouray will be base camp. This may change but I believe that is what we are going for.

Rb1boxer_3

Exactly a yr out from the tentative date. Can't wait all I need now is a winch lift and tires. Hoping to get a 1 ton swap by then. Anyone else excited :)

Exodus 4x4

Like Jackal01 said, KOA is what we're shooting for. In fact I should probably call and try to see what availability looks like. Still not sure what to do in Moab so if anyone has suggestions, I'm open to it. I think finding a place to camp would be pretty easy.
Right now I think KOA in Ouray will be base camp. This may change but I believe that is what we are going for.

So far that is the plan.

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Like Jackal01 said, KOA is what we're shooting for. In fact I should probably call and try to see what availability looks like. Still not sure what to do in Moab so if anyone has suggestions, I'm open to it. I think finding a place to camp would be pretty easy.

could look into condos?

Jackal01

could look into condos?

If interior accommodations are what you are looking for this KOA has quite a few cabins and they have a lodge which can sleep 6 people as opposed to 4 in the cabins. We are going to reserve a pet-friendly cabin when the time comes. Most of their cabins are not pet friendly though.

Exodus 4x4

could look into condos?

That is a possibility if everyone can get along and play nice with each other. Airbnb has plenty of listings and would probably be the easiest way to find a place competitively without having to call around. I'm sure by the time the run actually gets here there will be minimal amount of people going and 2 condos will be enough.

Jackal01

This illustrates exactly why I want this trip to be at season change...

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 85
Top Bottom