The 2017 Great Texas Exodus!

Exodus 4x4

Go ahead and add me to the tentative list. I'd like to go, if I can work out one little issue with my kids.

Yeah it's going to be tricky to pull off with kids and school, but I just don't see us enjoying the run when it's August. I'm not sure what Moab is like in August but it's probably not much fun which is why we are leaning in the September direction the most.

Yeah it's going to be tricky to pull off with kids and school, but I just don't see us enjoying the run when it's August. I'm not sure what Moab is like in August but it's probably not much fun which is why we are leaning in the September direction the most.

Yea, I'm liking the September timing of this trip. But whatever we all decide on, I'm not missing this regardless...

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I just don't see us enjoying the run when it's August. I'm not sure what Moab is like in August but it's probably not much fun which is why we are leaning in the September direction the most.

Yea, I'm liking the September timing of this trip. But whatever we all decide on, I'm not missing this regardless...

I tend to agree with planning the trip around the weather. My biggest concerns at this point are

(1) my fiancé being able to take the 9 days.

(2) breaking something on the jeep mid trip *stock axles and 37s*

(3) enjoying the wheeling to much in 1 place and not wanting to leave, when everyone else goes to moab, it seems like they spend the better part of a week there... this trip will be my first time to moab, and we will only be there for a 2 days.

I'm still excited!

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

I tend to agree with planning the trip around the weather. My biggest concerns at this point are

(1) my fiancé being able to take the 9 days.

(3) enjoying the wheeling to much in 1 place and not wanting to leave, when everyone else goes to moab, it seems like they spend the better part of a week there... this trip will be my first time to moab, and we will only be there for a 2 days.

I'm still excited!

Just keep telling yourself that this won't be your one and only trip to Moab. Besides, I'm already planning 2018!

Jackal01

I tend to agree with planning the trip around the weather. My biggest concerns...

I am worried about my 35s on a D30!! That is why I am planning on (hopefully) new axle/s and 37s by then.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I am worried about my 35s on a D30!! That is why I am planning on (hopefully) new axle/s and 37s by then.

In confidence, driving is what matters. That being said, I feel like having the oportunity to wheel in Colorado and Moab in the same trip, I will likely choose what I want opposed to what the jeep can handle... that also being said, I will start saving a rainy day fund, and definately try to step up my trail tools/spare parts game... mostly I'm going to focus on tools. If I break something, so be it. I am sure there will be jeep shops around that will at the least get me home. I just am afraid to cross "that line" in theory... lol

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I'd like to put my name down for tentative. I'd most likely link up for the black bear pass (since my route is a bit different than most of you guys) then run 3 days in moab. It looks like a 17-18 hr drive to telluride from my place.

my jeep and I should be ready by then.

Exodus 4x4

I'd like to put my name down for tentative. I'd most likely link up for the black bear pass (since my route is a bit different than most of you guys) then run 3 days in moab. It looks like a 17-18 hr drive to telluride from my place.

my jeep and I should be ready by then.

Sounds good man, I'll add you to the tentative list.

Top Bottom