Waving from Pennsylvania!

Hey Folks! Just wanted to say hey from PA. I'm John and My Jeep is a 2011 Wrangler Rubicon with a 2.5 suspension lift on around 33's on stock rims...

I look forward to taking advantage of the wealth of experience there is here about all that is Jeep!

I'm going to start a thread on disabling the ESP system, to see what folks have experienced with this, so if anyone has any helpful advise. It is welcomed.

Thanks,

J

Disabling the ESP

Welcome to WAL. Why do you want to disable the ESP?

Hey I have been trying to remedy the problem of the computer on my 2011 rubicon that has been applying the abs when driving around sharp corners at relatively low speeds because apparently the sensors are off because of the suspension lift and taller tires, it thinks that the vehicle is a rollover risk because of the higher center of gravity and the larger tires (about 33's). Dealers and other jeep mechanics have taken a look at it and cannot figure out how to stop this from happening. I tried disabling the ESP but that didn't help. Have you had any experience with this computer module "ProCal Module"?? I am currently looking to see if this will help...

Coop

Caught the Bug
Hey I have been trying to remedy the problem of the computer on my 2011 rubicon that has been applying the abs when driving around sharp corners at relatively low speeds because apparently the sensors are off because of the suspension lift and taller tires, it thinks that the vehicle is a rollover risk because of the higher center of gravity and the larger tires (about 33's). Dealers and other jeep mechanics have taken a look at it and cannot figure out how to stop this from happening. I tried disabling the ESP but that didn't help. Have you had any experience with this computer module "ProCal Module"?? I am currently looking to see if this will help...

AEV's ProCal will help with programming the tire height which might help with what you have described. Measure the height of the tire with the the Jeep setting on the ground and you can program this measurement to the quarter inch. There are a lot of other adjustments you can make. Great device! This only works on one Jeep, so you can't barrow one!

Ddays

Hooked

This sounds like the classic bad wheel sensor issue. Has this just started or did it happen immediately after the lift install? If a period of time passed between install & having the issue I would re-visit the sensors or have a look at the tone rings on each corner. I had a bad tone ring and mine did exactly what you are describing. Happened only when making a hard turn or pulling into traffic from a stop. It would just cut out leaving you halfway into an intersection and having zero throttle response for a few seconds that felt like minutes. Is it throwing any codes?

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug

Sounds like a loose or cracked tone ring. I've personally seen this cause erratic behaviour at low speeds when turning on a couple of different vehicles. If your only running 33s the effect on the vehicle will be extremely minor there is plenty of guys on this forum running 37s without any ESP issues.

A lift and bigger tires won't cause your ESP to play up. The system uses readings from the yaw rate sensor and wheel speed sensors to determine if intervention is required. When the vehicle is lifted the system just sees slightly different readings. The pro cal will fix your speedo but it won't have any effect on the ESP operation

The issue started to happen more often and it has taken less for it to happen lately since having it lifted. I took it to the dealer and I am disappointed and a bit suspicious that they could not be more helpful. It apparently was not throwing codes so ...they didn't give me much they just took my money...

Top Bottom