Hot Springs Ark ORV Park April 8-10

Eezybreezy08

You do get to have the nice drive then where you do have a little scenery. It dosent get interesting for me till I get to little rock.
I wish we could leave out early Friday but my wife won't let us keep the kids out of school for a whole day. So we are gonna check them out around noon and head out
I'm just praying for no rain. We got caught in a bad storm last time we was there. Our tent was leaking. So I'm bringing a tarp as a spare waterproofing
You would figure after the marines I would know to be prepared, and then I got to thinking that we was just a miserable sacks of crap when I was in ha

BamBamDeer

I hate being wet and cold. My joints hurt....it use to it didn't bother me. April is the rainy season here...tent and tarp. ...you should be good. We will have a tent....and the Jeep if we need it. Recline the front seats and let the girls sleep in back. I can almost sleep standing if I need to. I will be so pumped I will probably tend to the coffee through the night....rain or shine....lol.

Hopefully we will luck out and it will be beautiful. Regardless, it will be fun.

My oldest one got called back to work at the Catfish Hole today. She had taken off for Basketball Season and her Boss called her earlier and wants her to come back after her last game in 3wks. She may not be able to go now....but she loves her job.

Which way we go depends on if anyone wants to convoy. We like the Talimena Drive. ..Talihina, Ok to Mena, Ar. It is one of the prettiest drives around here. It is a little out of the way but we can pick up 71 at Mena. I am ok with 71 our of Fort Smith if everybody wants a quicker route. There is a Chinese Buffet in Mena that is really good....can't think of the name but I know where it's at.
Nice Gunshop there too.

Eezybreezy08

I used to hate getting wet. I would be just pissed off miserable. I laugh now when I think of how I used to be. And so now I always try to prepare to keep from being stuck in those situation. But then something goes wrong, so I just wind up standing in the rain being hard headed.
Last time we was down there in that storm, it didn't hit us till we was on the trails and we had taken the doors off. Grandpa, the oldest boy, and I was all trying to lean to the center of the jeep as much as we could while it was pouring down and the wind was blowing it in on us. It was hilarious.
But you never know how the weather is going to turn out. Especially at that time of the year. And also considering that we are planning this , what, almost 2 months in advance. Plus that was the only time it ever rained on us

BamBamDeer

I keep a bag with extra clothes, boots, jackets, rain gear and everything I need to spend a couple of days out. I have never really needed it but it stays in back and I rotate bottled water and energy bars out every month. You never know.

BamBamDeer

That "Murphy" fellow rides in my back seat...lol. I have been an outdoorsman all my life. I spent my youth running all over Wildhorse Mountain and bought a place 3 miles east of my folks when I retired right on top of the mountain. In my youth we would take off for several days. We ate rabbits, squirrels, birds...persimmons at the right time. I learned to always have handy what you need. There are times we would go out for 3-4 days and be mighty hungry when we got back...lol. It's a shame times have changed so much.

Are the trails at Superlift marked as to difficulty? Do they have maps?

Eezybreezy08

Yes they have maps and they are all marked. I used to have the map with every trail highlighted that I could do. And there is probably a few in there that I can do with a spotter and a winch. I just haven't tried them yet. And most of the trails are pretty up to date except one for certain that I know of because it has gotten pretty ate up over time

Right Rudder

Probably want to move this into upcoming trips vs the JK tech section....just saying.

Also down for this trip assuming no work conflicts. I'm in Little Rock so I might just pop down for a day worst case if I'm in town but have commitments that prevent the whole weekend.

Last edited:

Eezybreezy08

Probably want to move this into upcoming trips vs the JK tech section....just saying.

Also down for this trip assuming no work conflicts. I'm in Little Rock so I might just pop down for a day worst case if I'm in town but have commitments that prevent the whole weekend.

I figured I was posting it wrong. I've only done this thread stuff a couple of times. So I have no clue what I'm doing. I'll repost again on the upcoming trips tonight.
And that's fine with the one day. Especially since you live in little rock. I won't actually make it down there till early afternoon Friday and then I will have to leave somewhat early Sunday cause I have to work Sunday night

Top Bottom