To tint or not to tint

whytiptoe

Ok my questions are as follows:
1. Do nothing at all

2. Just tint the front windows to match the backs.

3. Tint all windows including backs that are done from the factory.

4. Tint all windows and do brow tint.

5. Tint front windows and do brow tint.

6. Tint all windows the same and do light tint on windshield.

7. Tint all windows same windshield and a darker brow tint.

RageKage

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454790785.134177.jpg
I did 5% on the rears and 20% up front. Didn't touch the windshield. I absolutely love it. It is a little difficult to see out of them at night but that's what rolling down the window is for.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I just did the fronts to match the rear factory tint and a strip on the front windshield. Makes my Wayalife banner pop ;)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454790924.356939.jpg

Havoc40

I feel naked without tint. The biggest thing is getting a quality film. Mine are 3M premium. Front doors are 15%, the rest is 5%.

20160117_141650.jpg

highoctane

Caught the Bug
My front door windows are tinted to match the factory tint on the rear windows. I love it, especially living in AZ. No problems seeing at night.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 12.34.43 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 12.34.43 AM.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 303

james2003w

I have 15% on the front doors, and 5% on top of the factory on everything else. You cannot see in the Jeep at night unless there is a light on inside or shinning through the windshield. Friends like to leave their "goodies" in view when we run into a restaurant or something. While driving in a lit area at night, you can see out the front windows. However unless there is enough light outside you cannot see out the back windows. Most of my night driving is on the highway, and as long as everyone has their headlights on, I don't have an issue. This is my second Unlimited JK and I have ran the same tint on both, never any issues with the driving at night. You can see a little through the front window due to angles/lighting/etc.

15 JKUR.jpg

Last edited:

dmpowder

Just did my fronts in 20% 3m and it matches the back perfect. I won't touch the windshield with tint.

Last edited:

LeighP

Had a previous car with darker tint on the front windows....it was maybe a little too much at night, made it difficult to see out of.

Question for you guys.....are US spec JK's not tinted on the front side glass at all? My export spec Sahara (Australia) has factory tinted front glass...not as dark as the back, but there is certainly some tint to it....even the windscreen is tinted.

uberc4

Make sure you go with a quality ceramic film. I ended up just matching the front with the back. I definitely did not want to go as dark as my last vehicle. Also, pondered the idea of doing the sun strip. Glad I decided against it after seeing a few jeeps with the doors off. Looked kinda silly IMO.

Zstairlessone

Had a previous car with darker tint on the front windows....it was maybe a little too much at night, made it difficult to see out of. Question for you guys.....are US spec JK's not tinted on the front side glass at all? My export spec Sahara (Australia) has factory tinted front glass...not as dark as the back, but there is certainly some tint to it....even the windscreen is tinted. http://s104.photobucket.com/user/TA76400/media/Wrangler/Rydal2014V_zps2c217a67.jpg.html

mine was lightly tinted from factory in the front, I added tint to match the back then had the back tinted over factory then put a 5" strip on the windshield

gary2

IMG_2902.jpg I like it on my daily driver. I don't think its such a great idea on a rig that sees wheeling at night .

rob_p

I've haven't ever tinted but this got me thinking about matching my front and rear, so a couple of questions...

How hard is it to remove the tint if you don't like it?
How durable is the tint, do they start peeling off after a while?

Top Bottom