Hot Springs ORV Park April 8-10

BamBamDeer

I think Eddie's post on the Midland 75-822 does it for me. I can hard mount an antenna then have the option of a walkie as well. I won't have to hard mount the radio. Really, it's just what I was looking for.

Eezybreezy08

Glad you have one figures out for you. My wife is wanting me to get ours before we go to hot springs. She thinks it will be fun being able to talk to each other while driving and not doing it on a phone.
I've done a little research and I think I'm gonna go with the cobra 29lx for both our jeeps. I'm just waiting on that tax money to get here ha

BamBamDeer

Sounds good. It will definitely be easier. My Wife asked me how we would communicate if we didn't have a CB....I told her she had legs and a Big Mouth.......then quietly ate my cold supper alone....lol

UndrPowerd

Put me down for a strong maybe...too far out to be sure.
I've been there a couple times and it's a really fun park. We stuck with mostly 4's, some 3's and a 5 both times by accident.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Cobras have always had good CBs, I dont think you can go wrong with any of them. I dont have one in the jeep yet either. Its on my soon to do list. Waiting on a couple of different things. Handheld two ways wouldnt be bad either I dont think. I dont know about that area as I have never been but have been in areas where we only had cell phones and usually didnt have service. So that sucked.

BamBamDeer

If I remember right the Cell Service is come and go there. I haven't been to Superlift but I have been to Hot Springs several times. I know we lost service the way we went last time but we went out of our way on the Talimena Drive. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention at Hot Springs.

Eezybreezy08

Put me down for a strong maybe...too far out to be sure.
I've been there a couple times and it's a really fun park. We stuck with mostly 4's, some 3's and a 5 both times by accident.

Be glad to have you come along. I mostly ride the 3s and a few 4s. But I stay off of them 5s. Maybe being around more experience people like y'all I might try some more things

Eezybreezy08

Cobras have always had good CBs, I dont think you can go wrong with any of them. I dont have one in the jeep yet either. Its on my soon to do list. Waiting on a couple of different things. Handheld two ways wouldnt be bad either I dont think. I dont know about that area as I have never been but have been in areas where we only had cell phones and usually didnt have service. So that sucked.

Yea cell phones really don't work there. You can get lucky and get a signal from time to time. That's another reason why we are gonna go ahead and get the CB before we go

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
So what's the official plans? I'm one for whatever but need to know what to prepare for. Specially money wise. Stayin in hotels or camping? And by camping I mean tent camping. But do others mean campers of some sort? Etc. etc.

I don't know for sure yet if we can make it but wanna know what the plans are so we could plan. Cause the plans may mean we might need to plan on buying some stuff. Lol.

BamBamDeer

We will be Tent Camping. I plan on bringing lots of food....lol. I will try to make some jerky for trail food. Anyone that wants some let me know your preference. ..Hot...Sweet or both.

Eezybreezy08

I say tent camping for my family to. Of course if y'all know where a nice hotel is around there and would want to stay in that, I understand. Now me, I have a wife with 4 kids and maybe grandma and grandpa in a camper so we will be bring our own food to. My wife eats real picky, so I promise, I don't think there is to many people who like to eat her non glutton non corn starch foods ha

Eezybreezy08

I think so. I don't know how much it cost though or if they will let you split your own. I always bring a few sticks but since we are gonna be there for 2 nights I might call to ask them about the wood and how much they charge

BamBamDeer

A lot of our parks around here will let you use dead wood for your fire. I don't guess a campfire is a must but it would be nice. I will bring charcoal and hickory to cook with.

I could bring some wood but with the Jeep loaded up I don't think I could bring enough to do much good.

I may bring a campstove for bacon and eggs. I will have fresh eggs...if my chickens cooperate...lol.

BamBamDeer

I just watched the Promo Video Superlift put out. I can't wait.

It looks like we will have everything we need available even Tent Camping. Including showers. If the prices at the Store are high it's not but about 3-4 miles to Town.

I can't wait to hit the trails and have some of you guys educate me on how to have as much fun as possible.

Eezybreezy08

I can't wait myself. That place is close enough to where I could go pretty regularly. But it always seems like life gets in the way so I can make it but once or twice a year

Top Bottom