I'm calling you out Eddie and Cindy

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Sharkey, how about North thru California into Oregon, then East to Idaho, South down to Nevada, then West home? 3-4 days? You would also see an amazing amount of diverse landscape. Just my $.02

That's some serious rivers to cross without touching pavement. That being said though, if anyone needs a meet-up anywhere in the Sierras for supplies, give me a shout. I'd love to help someone make this a reality.

Petthefish

I have done Central Oregon Burns to Winnimucca (how is that spelled) NV on all back roads I have to say some of them were paved but no highways

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
First off, that would only be 2 states and second, I'd like to see proof of that. The Vegas to Reno race is over 500 miles long and hard as they try not to do it, the racers still have to cross pavement twice.

You know, it might be Utah->arizona->new mexico. I remember looking for a cabin to rent in Moab, and came across one that was in the middle of nowhere. I emailed the guy back and forth, asked him about the cabin, and asked him about trails and how far he was from everything. He's the one that told me that the trail right behind his house goes all the way deep into arizona and into NM. At the time, I looked it up using some GPS coordinates, but saw that it was a long long LONG drive, with nothing of tremendous interest along the way, so I never ran it, so I of course, have no proof, and apologize if my post came off as fact rather than rumor. :beer:

iRonin

I'm just sitting here wondering how many states even have legal off road ways that you can cross state lines with, without touching pavement. Seems like an issue for the boys in blue if there were that may ways to smuggle or evade :thumb:

I mean I'm game to break a few laws ...

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'm just sitting here wondering how many states even have legal off road ways that you can cross state lines with, without touching pavement. Seems like an issue for the boys in blue if there were that may ways to smuggle or evade :thumb:

I mean I'm game to break a few laws ...

Smuggle? Lol. Not all of us live in states that border another country.

WarriorJeep

Just for grins and giggles I called Sam Correro, who has mapped out what is commonly called the Trans-America Trail.

He made a good point stating, "There will be pavement but not much. Remember you are riding 5,000 + miles from Ashville NC to Oregon"

Apparently nobody has done it in a Jeep... only been done on motorcycles and... wait for it... a Land Rover.

Last edited:

iRonin

Smuggle? Lol. Not all of us live in states that border another country.

Well I mean, I hear places like Colorado have certain "industries" that aren't exactly open for transport ;)

Just for grins and giggles I called Sam Correro, who has mapped out what is commonly called the Trans-America Trail.

He made a good point stating, "There will be pavement but not much. Remember you are riding 5,000 + miles from Ashville NC to Oregon"

Apparently nobody has done it in a Jeep... only been done on motorcycles and... wait for it... a Land Rover.

Now this sounds promising :beer:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

There are a TON of unpaved roads and trails crossing in and out of Nevada into California, Oregon, Idaho, Utah and Arizona. ALL of them are legal and I have driven across many of them. Here are just a couple of examples :yup:

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

How long ago?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I looked at that trans america thing. Any ideas why the guy says you absolutely cannot do it from west to east? :thinking:

GraniteCrystal

Another thought on this: doing the whole thing would be epic but is less practical. Could also be accomplished by a relay where a few different teams could each take a stretch. Meet each other on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere and hand off the baton. Could get more people involved that way too.

Top Bottom