I'm calling you out Eddie and Cindy

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
Really? I'm the first to post this?

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." - Doc Brown

But seriously though.... This sounds like a really cool idea. I had seen a link regarding the trans America trail but wasn't aware it was passable by a jeep. I think one of the hardest parts of this project would be transiting the eastern states. We have MUCH less public use land than the western states have. I look forward to seeing how this goes. :)

jeeeep

Hooked
This would be a lot of fun :thumb:

When I was a lot younger there used to be more 4x4 only access roads throughout Utah, they've been disappearing at a rapid pace and the paths have been widened and paved into roads to make them more "SUV" friendly :naw:

I've driven a lot of Texas in all directions and with the exception of Big Bend National park and the paved roads, everything is privately owned.

Oldvolks

Out here in El Paso/ Las Cruces area there is still plenty of open access roads. Just gotta know where to access them. There's a lot of development coming up around it but for the locals it doesn't seem to be an issue. Hate to say it but most of west Texas is off the grid for those up in the hill country. Still fun to go jeepin though.

Soonerschooner

Surprisingly, there's a fairly long trail here in Oklahoma into Arkansas that crosses very few paved roads. It's called the Kiamichi Trail. Mostly single and a half wide trail running through the hills of SE Oklahoma into Arkansas. It used to be an old military Calvary trail.

BamBamDeer

Surprisingly, there's a fairly long trail here in Oklahoma into Arkansas that crosses very few paved roads. It's called the Kiamichi Trail. Mostly single and a half wide trail running through the hills of SE Oklahoma into Arkansas. It used to be an old military Calvary trail.

Is that the one that runs from Clayton to Mena?

Brute

Hooked
photo.jpg

Count me in...I installed a 23 gal aux tank in the Brute, so I have 47 gal capacity...I basically built it just for something like this...the Xventure trailer I have has a 22 gal water belly tank with skid...and it can carry a shitload of fuel & water; hot water on demand hand held shower, 3-burner stove, yadayada...it would make a good support platform.

Eddie, figure out the route & logistics...a hui hou!

JKbrick

View attachment 192653

Count me in...I installed a 23 gal aux tank in the Brute, so I have 47 gal capacity...I basically built it just for something like this...the Xventure trailer I have has a 22 gal water belly tank with skid...and it can carry a shitload of fuel & water; hot water on demand hand held shower, 3-burner stove, yadayada...it would make a good support platform.

Eddie, figure out the route & logistics...a hui hou!

Since you will be in the Brute for the trip I'd be glad to follow you in your hellcat, just sayin

Napalm

I did this trail back in 2014. Only crossed the first leg and took me 9 hours. It was rainy, muddy, and awesome. Hardly any difficult obstacles but the section of trail that I was on was incredibly tight. Took everything I had to bob and weave pine trees. Thankfully I was in a 2dr.

The guy in front of me was in a JKU on 40s and his rig got torn up pretty bad.

All and all. Great trail :) some pictures from the run

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457893380.016412.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457893391.797996.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457893404.487719.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457893427.332323.jpg

Brute

Hooked
More than a shitload? Your not expecting very good mileage I assume!!

My Brute gets 13 mpg onroad, and about 8 offroad...about 340 mile range offroad.

I suspect the JK hellcat is going to be a tad worse, even though it will be much lighter...

95YJSahara

I feel I have won this challenge! I drove 13 miles on the side of the road (off road) got an endangering motor vehicles ticket, didn't have to stop for gas, and made it completely across the entire state! Welcome to Hawaii

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
Ever since the show "Alaska Off Road Warriors" and Carl Jantz won the race with Super Jeep, in spite of the probability of it being heavily scripted, I've thought that Alaska is the last place in the U.S. where you could do something like drive for days without seeing pavement. Of course, the issue then becomes fuel and supplies.

JeepPeeps

Wow that really sounds like a good trip
if you have interest in taking along any new members let us know
i am pretty sure my company would be thrilled to see me gone for a few weeks:clap2::bleh:

Top Bottom