Any Traditional Archers on WAL?

JKbrick

What set up are you shooting? Do you target shoot, hunt or both?

Well I had an older Mathews mq32 compound I traded a guy for a Martin that has an aluminum riser and the limbs come off after you unstring it. I was able to use a rest And arrows I already had that way. It's good for starters but the wood bows are so much more attractive to me. I've been to 3rivers quite a few times, it's on the way to the lake areas we work at so not out of the way. They are really nice there

BamBamDeer

You can often find good deals on used bows. Other than my Hill and a couple of Black Widows most of mine have been purchased used. I bought Idk how many through yard sales in the 80s early 90s and some I gave around $10.00 for.

We are building a new house before long and my Man Cave will be lined with Trad Bows. I also have 3 my Dad shot from the 60s.

Wood is prettier but I will use whatever gets me hunting.

BamBamDeer

This is my latest acquisition. I was driving down a dirt road about a mile from my house and saw this in the road. I told my Buddy I saw a Longbow and he accused me of having bows on the brain. I turned around and sure enough. I went to a Sporting Goods Shop close by to see if they knew who owned it. That was almost a month ago.

It looks to be Osage Orange with Green Glass on the back. The Glass is not smooth as it is today. The Riser is laminated and it is stamped 55#. No overlays on the tips. It has no other markings but was stamped in ink so I think it was probably production.

I have been planning to research this. If anyone has any info please chime in.

It's not Fancy but the price was right...lol.

Attachments

• 1455074095316.jpg
    1455074095316.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 1455074113340.jpg
    1455074113340.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 19

BamBamDeer

This is another recent aquisition. It is a Legend Bow Co. R/D 64" Longbow.
The R/D is mild. It is 60# @ 28".
Made in 2001 by Jim Johnson.

I shot this bow in a shop. It was a lot faster than I had anticipated. I left for home and turned around and went back to pick it up. I just needed 15 more minutes to make up my mind.

Attachments

• 1455263324449.jpg
    1455263324449.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 1455263345948.jpg
    1455263345948.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 16

BamBamDeer

Looks good....sure a fun way to spend the day.

I noticed some pink fletching. I made a set for my daughter capped and fetched pink. They are great to pick up in flight. For some reason I can pick them up better than even my orange. With my older eyes I may make a set up for myself even though I know I will catch the business in deer camp...lol.

Dwg

The wife wanted "pink". It is great she shoots period. You are correct for some reason they are a lot easier to see, especially in grass or weeds. We almost always have the stuff in the Jeep. Never know when we can use it. It adds another reason to be "off the beaten path"

BamBamDeer

It is great your Wife shoots too. My Wife and both Daughters enjoy it.

We stump shoot several times per week. We go through lots of arrows. That gives me something to do while watching t.v.

I seriously think I am making me some pink arrows. If my buddies give me too much grief I will borrow my Daughter's Pink Camouflaged Jacket...lol.

Top Bottom