Buying Jeep Soon - Need Help

james2003w

Just my two cents.

Save money by skipping on some of the nice to have have stuff too. Don't waste money on the nav radio, although connectivity is a nice option as more states require hands free.

Don't need auto temp control or remote start or heated seats.

HAHAHAHA Heated Seats in Florida, does it even get cold down there?
As for the radio, get what you want. the 430 is a nice unit in my opinion. I like the bluetooth streaming, ability to store music on the hard drive. But the basic stereo also works just fine. Or an aftermarket one.

yax_c

HAHAHAHA Heated Seats in Florida, does it even get cold down there?
As for the radio, get what you want. the 430 is a nice unit in my opinion. I like the bluetooth streaming, ability to store music on the hard drive. But the basic stereo also works just fine. Or an aftermarket one.

I'll probably end up getting the cheapest radio and later upgrading since I definitely plan on upgrading the sound since I hear they are crappy.

yax_c

Just my two cents.

Save money by skipping on some of the nice to have have stuff too. Don't waste money on the nav radio, although connectivity is a nice option as more states require hands free.

Don't do the dual top option even if you want both. If you want both tops, go hard top and then shop for someone selling a new unused soft top. Save a bunch of money.

Don't need auto temp control or remote start or heated seats.

Just some stuff to save you money for mods.

Yeah hard top for now and no nav necessary with my big ass iPhone, no remote start since to me it's just a cool thing to have nothing else, heated seats for sure I'm not getting unless I want ,y ass to sweat like in a sauna, Miami Heat is enough lol. Thanks for the advice RMC!!!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I will soon be a new first time jeep owner, just waiting for some things to disappear from my credit but I like doing my research in advance and this is where I need some help, specially in regards to lift kit.

I've been reading and I think I have set my eyes on the evo enforcer but I need advice based on background and jeep usage.

I live in the sunny Miami, FL where the terrain doesn't get any flatter, jeep will be used as a weekend driver, hunting, occasional off roading as I get the hang of it, barely any use for the most part since I take home a company truck that I drive for work, perks of the job lol.

Evo Enforcer 3"
King Shocks
Evo Drag Link
LRG 18x9 Wheels
ProComp MT2

Is this everything I need for that set up or am I missing something. looking for opinions and advise from those way more experience then myself. Thanks gents!!

The only thing here is I would really think about what you plan on doing with the jeep, while I agree hands down King shocks are AWESOME on washed out roads, but they will be a bit harsh on the street. Something to think about.

Additionally, according to the mall crawler that steers this ship, Toyos do not need balancing. That's a pretty good indication of a well made tire.
I'm currently looking at them or a set of Nittos.
Glad you changed your mind regarding the 18" wheels. I made that mistake. :icon_crazy:

yep, I mounted my toyos without any issues, I have yet to balance them. they roll just fine at 80mph. They do however have passenger side radial pull, but its not any worse than any other big (wide) MT :thumb: I might try to fiddle with the toe to see if I can eliminate the pull, but if it gets too out of wack, its not worth the extra tread wear.

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I personally love my remote start in summer, its nice to get into your jeep and have it be nice and cold....to me its not just for winter and cold

zimm

Caught the Bug
I love my remote start. I use it everyday. Heck it's nice just to get the oil flowing through the motor for a minute before you jump in and go.

yax_c

I don't know but there is something about it that is just not appealing to me. Had it installed on a Camry back in 02 with a Clifford alarm and after a bit stopped using it.

I don't know, just not a big deal to me, what I do with my company truck is I start it before hand and crank up the a/c lol, been doing it for years now, just need a spare key so I can lock that bad boy up.

On another note, ive been reading mostly if not all threads related to sounds since there aren't that many, and cannot decide on what I would upgrade to once I get the jeep. I am a sound freak and I like my stereo to sound very nice and loud when need to. What do you guys recommend!? I see JL C2 and perhaps C5s, Rockford, alpine!? I'd love to buy the alpine head unit but 3k is a little to pricey even for me. That be the last thing I replace so I'd probably just buy a good head unit but a regular radio not nav or none of that with the exception of Bluetooth so I can hook the phone up for the music.

james2003w

On another note, ive been reading mostly if not all threads related to sounds since there aren't that many, and cannot decide on what I would upgrade to once I get the jeep. I am a sound freak and I like my stereo to sound very nice and loud when need to. What do you guys recommend!? I see JL C2 and perhaps C5s, Rockford, alpine!? I'd love to buy the alpine head unit but 3k is a little to pricey even for me. That be the last thing I replace so I'd probably just buy a good head unit but a regular radio not nav or none of that with the exception of Bluetooth so I can hook the phone up for the music.

I have the Factory Alpine Premium upgrade option in my JKUR, sounds wonderful. I know Kicker makes an amp specifically for Wranglers that bolts in the factory place, as well as speakers. The sub-woofer on the other hand is interesting...

Look over UtiAdam's build: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?19493-My-billet-rubi-build he has a pretty sick sound system going.

yax_c

I have the Factory Alpine Premium upgrade option in my JKUR, sounds wonderful. I know Kicker makes an amp specifically for Wranglers that bolts in the factory place, as well as speakers. The sub-woofer on the other hand is interesting...

Look over UtiAdam's build: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?19493-My-billet-rubi-build he has a pretty sick sound system going.

Yeah saw it already and he runs JL Audio except head unit that is pioneer. I'm leaning towards that myself, seems to be the best sound.

I don't think I'll be getting alpine upgrade because with a bit more I can go JL and acquire a lot better quality and sound but we'll see when the negotiations start.

Thanks James!!!

zimm

Caught the Bug
Listen to the Alpine before declining it. I've run JL in my last 6 vehicles- including a full system with C5 components and 8" JL sub and 5 channel amp. The factory Alpine is a bargain at $900 and is the first vehicle I ever had that I won't be upgrading the sound. The in-floor sub is awesome too- no loss of cargo room, no wires running anywhere, and it's all waterproof. With a 430N or 730N, you can add a backup camera for $35 plus the cost of a dealer flash.

yax_c

Listen to the Alpine before declining it. I've run JL in my last 6 vehicles- including a full system with C5 components and 8" JL sub and 5 channel amp. The factory Alpine is a bargain at $900 and is the first vehicle I ever had that I won't be upgrading the sound. The in-floor sub is awesome too- no loss of cargo room, no wires running anywhere, and it's all waterproof. With a 430N or 730N, you can add a backup camera for $35 plus the cost of a dealer flash.

I'll efinitely check it out. Thanks zimm!!

EDIT: by the way I just checked jeep and the mopar alpine upgrade is $2000 not $900. Is it worth it still or you think for that price it's better to go JL?

Last edited:

james2003w

I'll efinitely check it out. Thanks zimm!!

EDIT: by the way I just checked jeep and the mopar alpine upgrade is $2000 not $900. Is it worth it still or you think for that price it's better to go JL?

That's really difficult to answer, as it is not our money being spent.

I've had the ability to experience JL Audio and I agree that they have an outstanding response to the freqs thrown at them. My Alpine also does an amazing job too (20x better than the Pioneer my previous Jeep had, and the Rockford setup in my Ford). The benefit of running the Alpine is you'll have a warranty on it as you're buying the vehicle new. It comes installed, setup, working, etc. You don't have to run wires or anything. Going with the JL Audio, you'll either pay someone to pull everything apart and set it up, or you'll be doing it yourself. Also, would the Sub (if getting one) for JL take up cargo room?

Just things to consider, what do you need in your cargo area to hold?

yax_c

That's really difficult to answer, as it is not our money being spent.

I've had the ability to experience JL Audio and I agree that they have an outstanding response to the freqs thrown at them. My Alpine also does an amazing job too (20x better than the Pioneer my previous Jeep had, and the Rockford setup in my Ford). The benefit of running the Alpine is you'll have a warranty on it as you're buying the vehicle new. It comes installed, setup, working, etc. You don't have to run wires or anything. Going with the JL Audio, you'll either pay someone to pull everything apart and set it up, or you'll be doing it yourself. Also, would the Sub (if getting one) for JL take up cargo room?

Just things to consider, what do you need in your cargo area to hold?

That totally makes sense, never looked at it from that point of view. Thanks James!,

Top Bottom