Lift kit

Rookie1

Hey guys I have a 2013 JKU rubicon. I was wondering I would have to do any cutting and welding if I put a long arm lift kit on? New to the jeep world and starting to get my rig built.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
If it's a good kit then yes. You will have to cut your factory arm mounts off the frame and weld new ones on that are further back.

uberc4

You would most likely have to do some form of cutting since you need to remove the existing control arm mounts. When it comes to the long arm itself, it all depends on the kit. Some are bolt in, while others are welded.

Rookie1

I did a little mor research and I'm planning on going with a 3.5" Rock krawler mid arm kit. From what I've seen I don't have to do any cutting that way it just bolts into my original bracket

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I did a little mor research and I'm planning on going with a 3.5" Rock krawler mid arm kit. From what I've seen I don't have to do any cutting that way it just bolts into my original bracket

Mid arm is a marketing gimmick. It causes more problems then it does anything else.

Exodus 4x4

Why do you think you need anything more length to your controls arms than you already have? I'm only asking because before joining this site, several people tried to tell me I needed a long arm kit but couldn't give me a good reason why. Then after reading a lot of threads on here I now know what the benefit of a long arm kit is for and I was able to make a more informed decision.

Top Bottom