Kilbourne hole in New Mexico

Oldvolks

Although the directions would be a lengthy post, those in the Las Cruces/El Paso can google it. Easy drive and a fun day trip!!!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456532825.963351.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456532844.780253.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456532855.915655.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456532874.751346.jpg

JoeB-JKURX

Lived in Cruces for about 10 years and drove out to Kilbourne's Hole a few times (pretty interesting back story as to how it likely formed). A couple of years after my last driving trip to Kilbourne's, I went flying with a friend of mine in an old Cessna 150 (he's a bit of a crazy guy). On the way back from Deming, we flew (pretty low) over Kilbourne's and, then, he flew even lower to within 30 or so feet of the bottom and around the inside of the whole thing. There were folks standing on the dune lip above the hole looking down on us (probably thinking that they'd have to scrape us off the side of the hole). Great fun!!

Oldvolks

Sounds like a fun trip. I plan on trying my luck and getting the rubi down to explore it a little more. It was a pretty cool run!!

Tnjk

Hello guys I've never been down that far south I'm up in Albuquerque area sounds like a cool spot for a day or weakened cruz!

Top Bottom