15 inch wheels on a jk 2013

mimi3006

Hey jeepers I'm new to this group but I've been following wayalife for a while now..and just love it...anyhoot...I've been wanting to buy new wheels for my jeep...I've always loved the look of the 15 inch wheels on Jk's..I've been in and out of forums trying to read about it...but I've heard that the brakes can overheat and a larger amount of mud can get stuck...and i love mudding...I know I can go with 16..but just might as well stick with my 17'....so does anybody know if there's a real problem sizing down?

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Hey jeepers I'm new to this group but I've been following wayalife for a while now..and just love it...anyhoot...I've been wanting to buy new wheels for my jeep...I've always loved the look of the 15 inch wheels on Jk's..I've been in and out of forums trying to read about it...but I've heard that the brakes can overheat and a larger amount of mud can get stuck...and i love mudding...I know I can go with 16..but just might as well stick with my 17'....so does anybody know if there's a real problem sizing down?

There are 3 issues that I can speak to from running 15s on my 07 & 15 JKs.

1. Difficult to fit an aftermarket tie rod
2. Not many 37s to choose from
3. No chance for a big brake upgrade

Other than that, the price difference of a 35" for a 15 vs 17 is about $100/tire cheaper so it can definitely be worth your while if none of those 3 issues are a concern.

7kings

I'm currently running Level-8 Tracker 15" wheels with 35" tires on my 2014 JKU. From a price perspective, they're much more economical than the same tires on 17" wheels. That being said, I'll be upgrading to 37's next year and will need to buy new wheels at that time. As was already stated, the selection of 37" tires on 15" wheels is more limited.

Top Bottom