The Ultimate TRUE TIRE SIZE Database

gheller

Cooper Discoverer STT Pros 295/70/17

Cooper Discoverer STT Pros - 295/70/17 - 30 psi - approx. 1000K mileage. Size close to 32" on stock Willys 7.5" rims

i-9BLCDZW-X3.jpg

Last edited:

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
Toyo 285x75x17

My Toyo Open Country Extreme 285 x 75 x r17 measure at 32.75 with 30 psi with 4 miles on them.

Attachments

• IMG_1018.jpg
    IMG_1018.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,088
  • IMG_1017.jpg
    IMG_1017.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,078
  • IMG_1020.jpg
    IMG_1020.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,102
Last edited:

BobNH

I have seen it asked twice and hinted at once in this thread with zero response, so I am going to ask:

How valid is this dataset when rim width is not taken into account? It's good info, but wouldn't a 33x12.5 tire be taller on a 7" rim vs an 8" one?

Draconianwinter

I have seen it asked twice and hinted at once in this thread with zero response, so I am going to ask:

How valid is this dataset when rim width is not taken into account? It's good info, but wouldn't a 33x12.5 tire be taller on a 7" rim vs an 8" one?
On the narrower wheel it will pull sides walls in more thus curbing the tread pattern down. So when measured at the outside lug it would be slightly shorter. Where as the wife wheel will not pull the side wall in as much do the tread pattern should be more level. Now I could be wrong so just take that with a grain of salt

sent from your basement

BobNH

On the narrower wheel it will pull sides walls in more thus curbing the tread pattern down. So when measured at the outside lug it would be slightly shorter. Where as the wife wheel will not pull the side wall in as much do the tread pattern should be more level. Now I could be wrong so just take that with a grain of salt

sent from your basement

Seems to make sense, ty

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
How do tire companies get away with this isnt this false advertising?

They prob measure them fresh out of the mold. That height is sidewall height when they stamp on the side. When the tire are under a 5,000lb vehicle they are bound to "shrink"

WJCO

Meme King
I've found what most tire manufacturers list on their website (not the sidewall) for the actual diameter spec is pretty accurate off of the vehicle (measuring your spare), but on the vehicle, it won't ever be the same.

DIRTYHR

Cooper Discoverer STT Pro M/T
Size Stated on Sidewall: 225/75R16
Actual Height: 28-7/16" with about 3000 miles

main.php
27 1/2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom