California Wheelin' Adventure Build

Nice looking 2 door bro I'm looking to do the same set up one day do you have anymore pictures thanks

Thank you! Having fun with it so far! I'll have a lot more pictures next Monday on the tent's maiden voyage! Trying to decide which camp spot to start out at around Temecula for this trip. Need to stay close.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458695289.897876.jpg

Had some fun this weekend (my weekend, Monday/Tuesday)

And it was raining, these Frogtoggs are no joke! We look dorky but they work!

Last edited:
And for my fellow 2 door Jeepers out there, this is how we've figured out how to make everything work. We have two long containers that fit just about everything. We also have a propane powered Camp Chef campfire that absolutely rocks. We have a 20lb propane tank that has powered it for three nights, but it is starting to feel a bit light. We have a pretty complete tool kit and then a variety of other useful tools that we have started to accumulate including long breaker bars. Everything stays more or less in place with minimal rattling. But we had to say bye bye to the rear seats.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460496431.546090.jpg

And of course... The breakfast of champions, chili.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460496474.099306.jpg

Would really appreciate some feedback on my particular set up. I'm debating on getting the Evo Plush Ride coils on my jeep. As you can see, I'm running a gobi roof rack and sometimes a rooftop tent and quite a lot of camping gear in the back.

The gear and the tent are only on the jeep occasionally (I used to run it all the time with the tent but it was too heavy for just wheeling).

Other than that, I have a light jeep. I don't carry the rear seats for the most part, and I only really have rock sliders for armor but I will eventually get bumpers. The bumpers will be relatively light weight.

I won't be able to afford new shocks in the beginning but I do have 2" spring extensions I can run.

Which would you go for? 2" or 3". Thanks!

Now that I go back to the website, it looks like they only have 2" front coils... so now, I guess the question is whether 3" is too big of a lift for my set up. I don't want to do anything else to the jeep, so if this is too high for stock otherwise stock settings I will have to go a different route...

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I run a light 2 dr and got 3.5" of lift out of the 2" plush rides, had some issues because of it, so I took them out in favor of 2" spacers. I hope to throw them back in if I put more weight in the front. Or sell them, if I stay light. But it seems like most people love them, but you may need front lower controls to get your caster back near stock.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I think you made a good decision! Take before and after pics and let us know how it drives.:thumb:

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the help too! I'm pumped. I'll definitely do that!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I hope I didn't steer you wrong haha! I ended up selling the 2" plushrides. I will probably get the jks 2.5" for 2 doors at some point with the rear trackbar bracket. But bigger tires are next, I'm sick of making smaller purchases in the attempt to pacify my need for 35's.

I hope I didn't steer you wrong haha! I ended up selling the 2" plushrides. I will probably get the jks 2.5" for 2 doors at some point with the rear trackbar bracket. But bigger tires are next, I'm sick of making smaller purchases in the attempt to pacify my need for 35's.

I doubt you steered me wrong! I think it will be great. Unfortunately I started too late to get started to get a before pic :/

But here's the coil goin in!

IMG_1477796690.152265.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom