Yes you can pull a trailer with your JK Unlimited

professorkx

I just built my own RV, as I needed a toy hauler, but manufactured toy haulers are HEAVY. I started with a new 14 foot cargo trailer, pulled the plywood off the walls and went to work.

The bed folds into the wall so we can take our dual sport motorcycle camping as well. I built all the cabinets, installed AC and DC throughout, along with an 2000 watt inverter, insullated walls, ceiling and floor, and the trailer is self contained, so we can go for as long as we want and not worry about the essentials. Weighs 3400 pounds loaded for camping, including the motorcycle, so the Jeep tows the trailer well.

PokerStogey

I just built my own RV, as I needed a toy hauler, but manufactured toy haulers are HEAVY. I started with a new 14 foot cargo trailer, pulled the plywood off the walls and went to work.

The bed folds into the wall so we can take our dual sport motorcycle camping as well. I built all the cabinets, installed AC and DC throughout, along with an 2000 watt inverter, insullated walls, ceiling and floor, and the trailer is self contained, so we can go for as long as we want and not worry about the essentials. Weighs 3400 pounds loaded for camping, including the motorcycle, so the Jeep tows the trailer well.

Wow... very nice

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

Dude. That is badass and practical. Good work.

sparks

I just built my own RV, as I needed a toy hauler, but manufactured toy haulers are HEAVY. I started with a new 14 foot cargo trailer, pulled the plywood off the walls and went to work

Totally bad ass. Exactly what I want to do, except I don't have any toys.

Good work!!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
On our second year pulling this guy around. Over a dozen trips near and far with no issues. I have load bars, sway bar and electric brakes. My 7 pin is attached to the bumper and hangs down below. I just flip it up and reattach to wheel so It's out of the way. And yes the wires can get close to the muffler if you don't have them tied up tight and out of the way. I burnt mine on a trip to the river this year. Learned that the hard way.

View attachment 228996
View attachment 228997

What model R-Pod is that?

RedRum

A lot of great setups posted on this thread ! We have a trip planned to rausch in two weeks as the first trip of the season ... love seeing everyone's campers ( everyone getting theirs ready for summer ?)

WillyRockIt

A lot of great setups posted on this thread ! We have a trip planned to rausch in two weeks as the first trip of the season ... love seeing everyone's campers ( everyone getting theirs ready for summer ?)

We're lucky to be able to use ours year round here in SoCal. We took it out 8 times the first year we got it. We've had 2 beach trips so far this year. More planned for the rest of the year as well.

notnalc68

If you haven't seen my thread, we pulled this R-Pod 178, on a 7,099 mile trip.
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG

We bought this, today. It's a Coachmen Apex Nano 191 RBS.
IMG_0016.jpg
IMG_0021.JPG

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
We looked at that exact same trailer and they're really nice. Only reason we didn't pull the trigger on it was wife wants a sofa in the bumpout instead of the table setup that yours has.

notnalc68

How much difference between the 2 towing?

I towed the new one, about 145 miles, to get it home. It wasn't loaded, like the R-Pod, but the Jeep handled it fine. The only real difference I felt, was because it doesn't have a sway control bar, yet. It didn't sway bad, but you could tell the difference. I wasn't about to pay the RV dealer several hundred dollars, when Walmart.com sells Curt sway control bars for $35. I picked up one for each side, at that price.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/CURT-Swa...75035&wl11=online&wl12=17385938&wl13=&veh=sem

IMG_0022.jpg

Top Bottom