Project BOHICA: AllAmericanInfidel's Mojave Sand build

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Those doors are gonna look soo good! Can't wait to see them on

Hurry up & put those doors on! As good as they look on the floor, I can't wait to see them on the jeep.

Looking good...are my eyes deceiving me, or are they painted Anvil?

Those doors look awesome. Looking forward to seeing them mounted!

Thanks gents! Hopefully I will have them put together and ready for the weekend! I searched the Island for some black bolts and hard wear, but quickly realized I will probably have to order them online. I'll just paint what I've got.
Ed, I had them color matched to Mojave Sand. Next to the Jeep, they are an exact match. Thanks again!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Bed tread looks great. Do you have access to the drain plugs or do you just cut them yourself?

The BedTred lifts up pretty easily and gives you access to the drain plugs. I have had no issues pulling them when needed. My last rig, I ended up just leaving them out and had no issues whatsoever going that route. It doesn't rain as much where I live now, so I'll likely just pull them when needed.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Making more progress. Had to send the wife to get washers to use as spacers. Otherwise the doors won't sit flush to the body. I'll Mock up the other side while I wait! [emoji106]

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469769720.829546.jpg

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Thanks everyone! Got the doors mostly done, just a few minor adjustments tomorrow after work. Also need to find a solution for some rattling. I am thinking of just running some automotive weather stripping on the bottom side of the doors. My oldest son and I took a little test drive through the town of Wahiawa and down the H2. I can tell you I am loving the half doors already!
Big Thank you once again to Ed (brute)! I appreciate it brother!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469777886.573434.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469777897.393639.jpg

Brute

Hooked
Thanks everyone! Got the doors mostly done, just a few minor adjustments tomorrow after work. Also need to find a solution for some rattling. I am thinking of just running some automotive weather stripping on the bottom side of the doors. My oldest son and I took a little test drive through the town of Wahiawa and down the H2. I can tell you I am loving the half doors already!
Big Thank you once again to Ed (brute)! I appreciate it brother!

View attachment 214912
View attachment 214913

Only easy brah...

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Made some more minor adjustments to the doors, and as it turns out, the straw from my wife's new Hydro Flask makes perfect door Stryker isolators when cut into 1"'pieces. Much better now! Well, until she takes a drink that is! Lol.
Now out enjoying the Island life!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469934365.185790.jpg

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Those look so good! I have been looking pretty hard at some half doors. Do you have the uppers as well?

Thanks! These half doors are the first Gen Savvy half doors, so they do not accept uppers. If you look closely, these ones do not have external door handles. You have to reach inside and undo the latch from the inside.
Most of the time, it rains lightly and for not very long, so we do not feel we need uppers here. If we know a storm is coming or the forecast calls for rain, we plan on just throwing the full doors back on. If you have seen my last rig, we ran factory half doors on it. We felt we definitely needed uppers when we lived in SC because we would always get unexpected heavy downpours. With the uppers, we could button up really quick.
If you know you want uppers, Rugged Ridge, Savvy (gen 2), and I think JCR have half doors with optional uppers.
If you can afford it, the Mopar doors are super nice but expensive.

Last edited:

Napalm

Lol, Do it! You know you want too! Seriously though, your rig would look great with them, and they are awesome if you have kids too.

No kids(yet), but I run doorless almost year round and I want something a little more livable for my wife!

If I got some, they would probably be the Bestop soft doors with no uppers. I wouldn't need the uppers because any time it rains I'd just run full doors.

Top Bottom